Indians believe that two to ten year old girls are a reincarnation of Aadi Shakti Maa Durga
Navratri is a festival of beauty, enthusiasm and festivity. It is said that Goddess Durga visits her devotees on earth during Navratri and fulfills all their wishes. In order to please the Goddess and get all the wishes fulfilled, Kanya Poojan of 2 to 10 year old kanyas is of great importance. Indians believe that two to ten year old girls are a reincarnation of Aadi Shakti MAA Durga.
According to the scriptures,
- A two-year-old Kanya is called KAUMARI. Kaumari Poojan is believed to bring abundance and resolve all issues in life.
- A three-year-old Kanya is called TRIMURTY. Trimurty Poojan blesses with financial gains.
- A four-year-old Kanya is called KALYANI. Kalyani Poojan brings success and abundance in all spheres of life.
- A five-year-old Kanya is called Rohini. Rohini Poojan brings health to the family and keeps all diseases and illnesses away.
- A six-year-old Kanya is called KALI. Kali Poojan is supposed to bring in Knowledge, wisdom, fame, and success in all spheres of life.
- A seven-year-old Kanya is called CHANDIKA. By praying to CHANDIKA one gains not only financial abundance but also all kinds of riches.
- An eight-year-old Kanya is called SHAMBHAVI. Shambhavi Poojan destroys all enemies, gets victory in court cases. The Poojan blesses the person with fame.
- A nine-year-old Kanya is called DURGA. Durga Poojan removes all blocks, kills enemies and bless with success in toughest of all tasks.
- A ten-year-old Kanya is called SUBHADRA. Subhadra Poojan fulfills all wishes and blesses with life-long happiness.
That is why we must perform Kanya Poojan with great devotion and faith. We can gift the Kanyaas with flowers, hair clips, hair bands, kaajal, comb, nail polish, mehndi, bananas, apples, coconut, sweets, Halwa-Poori, clothes, Handkerchief, toys depending on your affordability to get blessings from Goddess Durga.
On Ashtami or Navmi, the eighth day or the ninth day of the navratra, whenever you perform Kanjak, invite nine Kanyaas upto ten years of age and a boy (LAUNKARA). With great devotion and surrender offer them food, usually Halwa-Poori, cardamom, kheer(optional), jalebi (optional) and coconut and Dakshina. Give them all a gift (optional). Perform Hawan with the Kanyaas (optional). When they leave, gift them a chunni (optional). Do not forget to touch their feet and take their blessings before they leave.
If poojan is performed in the above mentioned way, Goddess Durga will surely bless you with success and abundance.