You just need Isopropyl aloe vera gel and essential oils to prepare your hand sanitizer
COVID-19 spread through human contact, and one of the most effective ways to stop its spread is by washing your hands. Using hand sanitizer is also an effective way of getting rid of the virus. But sanitizers have lately gone out of stock from shops in the market. Well, you don’t have to worry about not getting the hand sanitizers. Today, we will tell you how you can easily make hand sanitizers at home.
1. ¾ cup of Isopropyl or rubbing alcohol – It can be found at any nearby pharmacy. Medical store or drugstore.
2. 10 drops of essential oils, such as lavender oil, tea tree oil or you can use lemon juice instead to add some fragrance to the mix.
3. ¼ cup of aloe vera gel (to counteract the harshness of alcohol and to keep your hands smooth)
4. A basic funnel to put your hand sanitizer into a bottle.
5. Plastic Bottle – Once you prepare your sanitizer, you’ll need bottles to carry in it.
1. Pour the Isopropyl or rubbing alcohol, aloe vera gel and essential oils and mix it together. As hand sanitizer needs to contain at least 60 per cent alcohol to be able to kill the virus, you should maintain a 2:1 ratio of isopropyl alcohol to aloe vera gel.
2. Stir the ingredients together with a spoon and pour them in the plastic bottles with a funnel.
Things to keep in mind:
1. Make the hand sanitizer in a clean space. Wipe the counter tops with a diluted bleach solution.
2. Wash your hands before you get into making the hand sanitizer.
3. Wash your spoon, whisk and funnel before using these items.
4. Also, make sure that the alcohol you are using, is not diluted.
5. Never touch the mixture with your bare hands until the hand sanitizer is ready to use.
Have a news story, an interesting write-up or simply a suggestion? Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org