Soon there will be long queues for getting the birth certificate. Get your birth certificate before it’s too late
After the NDA government approved the proposal to update the National Population Register, it has become absolutely necessary for everyone to have a birth certificate. As per the proposal, when NPR procedure will start, everyone will need to show the birth certificates of their parents. There are many people in rural areas and some in urban areas who don’t have a birth certificate. Soon there will be long queues to get the birth certificate at concerned offices. If you don’t want to get into the hassle of process, follow below instructions to get birth certificate online before it’s too late. Here we are telling you how to get your birth certificate online in India.
From where can you get your birth certificate?
As per section 7 of the RBD Act, the government has deployed a Registrar in every local Municipal Corporation. In smaller districts or region, Panchayat or other local authority has the responsibility of issuing the birth certificate.
– Panchayat Secretaries /Gram Sewak/ Karmi would issue the birth certificates in 15 states and 3 Union Territories (UTs). These states are Goa, Chhattisgarh, Andhra Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh, Jharkhand, Kerala, Rajasthan, Maharashtra, Tripura, Uttarakhand, West Bengal, Puducherry, Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman & Diu.
– Medical-in-charge /Para Military Staff officer or equivalent in Haryana, Orissa, Assam, Meghalaya, Punjab, Manipur, Sikkim, Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Island and Lakshadweep can issue it as well.
– In southern part- Tamil Nadu and Karnataka, Village Accountants/ Village Administrative officers can issue the birth certificate.
– The birth proof from SHO/police Officials in Chandigarh and Jammu & Kashmir is also acceptable nation-wise.
– School teachers in Nagaland, Mizoram and Circle Officer/Village level Workers in Arunachal Pradesh can also issue the birth certificate.
– The appointed Health Official or In-Charge of Para-Medical staff or the Registrar/Sub-Registrar of Municipal Corporation has the authority to issue the globally accepted birth certificate.
When can you get the birth certificate?
If you apply for the birth certificate within 21 days of the birth, then you won’t have to pay any money but and after that, you might have to pay a certain payment against the service. The fee can vary from time to time and place to place.
What is the online procedure?
The Indian government has availed the online service of getting birth anniversary in the selected place. You can check if your place has an online facility or not by visiting the website: crsorgi.gov.in.
– Move to the left side of the website where the signup dialogu box will appear.
– Click on General Public Signup to register yourself.
– Fill all the details including user name, mobile number, place of birth, User ID, district and village/town etc.
– If the Registration Unit Field would be active and shows the name then it means that your place avails this facility.
– It will ask for OTP. Put the OTP and the registration will be completed.
– Generate the new password and login again.
– Fill the forms and put the essential details like name of the person, parents and location.
– After filling it, submit the application and download its soft copy.
– Take the print out and then visit the registrar office in person.
– Get the form attested by the Registrar or Sub Registrar.
– Affidavit attested by the SDM
– Letter of the para-medical staff/hospital or from medical record officer.
– School Leaving certificate
– Copy of ration card
Note: It would take between 7 days to 3 weeks to get this certificate.
Have a news story, an interesting write-up or simply a suggestion? Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org