JEE Main 2020 Application Steps
JEE Main 2020 will be conducted by the National Testing Agency during the end of May 2020. The application process will be conducted in two phases for January 2020 and April 2020 sessions each. Moreover, a lot of students are unaware of the fee and pay a large amount to an outsider for completing this task, which can be longer but really easy. Let us begin with the dates of the application process.
JEE Main 2020 January Session
JEE Main 2020 April Session
The exam is postponed due to COVID-19 and it is expected to be held in the last week of May 2020. Candidates are requested to keep updated with the official website of JEE Main for the recent updates.
JEE Main 2020 Application Steps
The application process for JEE Main 2020 is a smooth task if you have all the prerequisites with you – properly scanned and in proper format and size. The basic steps of the application include-
- Filling the details in Application Form
- Uploading required images
- Payment of Application Fee
- Final Submission
Although the application process is considerably easy, it must be completed with the utmost care as any single mistake could result in your disqualification.
Why is it necessary to fill the Application Form carefully?
As it is mentioned before, filling the JEE Main Application form is a long and hefty task but easy. But it is not to be taken lightly. You must know that the details you fill here will decide your final admission to a renowned engineering or architecture institute, or maybe even an IIT. Ensuring that all the details are filled correctly is very important. A few consequences of an incorrect application form are given below-
- If the exam authority finds out any wrong information in the application form then the candidate’s form will be rejected and he/she will not be able to attempt the JEE Main exam.
- The errors might come in notice when you print your JEE Main 2020 Admit Card. Your admit card should match with the details you have on your identification documents. If they do not match, you shall not be allowed to enter the examination hall.
- If candidates find any mistake in the admit card then contact the exam authority immediately.
- You might also face problems during counselling as your educational details, your current/residential address if filled incorrectly, might become an obstacle. Major communication is sent through email but sometimes also through the post. If your academic details are incorrect, you might be disqualified during the counselling process.
- As per the NTA policy, furnishing false information might get you penalised by a court which shall result in disqualification from any future attempts for JEE Main or Advance examinations.
Details to be filled correctly
After you have completed the registration process, you will receive SMS as well as an email from NTA regarding successful registration. Your password shall be provided within the same. If you exit anytime, you can resume your application again by logging in to the portal anytime.
Let us begin with the application now.
These details shall be required-
- Personal Details – Name, Address, DOB etc
- Academic Details – 10th Class CGPA, 12th Class Marks with individual scores
- The session you wish to attempt
- Exam city preference
- Medium/Language of examination
- Other Education Details
- Income and Occupational details of parents’
Ensure you have provided all the accurate information, recheck all information at least thrice and then select ‘Final Submit’.
The exam authority provides a one-time facility to rectify their mistakes. Candidates must make sure that not every information can be changed during this facility. Details that can alter later are limited to:-
- Exam Language
- Adhaar Number
- Address and
- Contact Number
Details that can not be changed once the application form is submitted are:-
- Email address
- Mobile number
- Exam City
- Examination mode
Candidates are advised to fill the application form in the correct format and every detail should be correct. Any mistake could lead to rejection of application form.
JEE Main 2020 Registration – Documents to keep beside
While a lot of candidates have a really good memory, while some may not. Given below are documents that will help you fill the details in application form easily. These documents should be with you while filling the application form.
- Class 10th mark sheet
- Class 12th mark sheet
- Scanned copy of a passport-sized photograph
- Scanned copy of your signature
- Caste certificate (if required for availing reservation)
- Aadhar Card, PAN Card, Voter ID or any other identity proof
- Domicile certificate
Foreign category candidates will be required to submit the following documents-
- Birth Certificate
- Higher secondary school certificate with at least 75% marks in aggregate
- A valid ID proof
- Citizen certificate or Passport of parents
JEE Main 2020 – Uploading Images
After submitting the application, you will be required to provide your clear passport sized image as well as signature. This is required for verification purpose at the examination hall.
- In the ‘Upload Scanned Images’ section, click on “Choose File” button
- Choose the passport size image you wish to upload.
- Repeat the same process for signature as well
- Enter ‘Security Pin’
- Select “Upload”
- Your uploaded images will appear. If you find any discrepancy, re-upload them.
Ensure that you have uploaded the images in the right sections. Given below are dimensions and size for the images.
- Passport Photograph – 10 KB to 200 KB – 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm
- Signature – 4 Kb to 30 KB – 3.5 cm x 1.5 cm
JEE Main 2020 – Paying the application fee
As soon as you submit the images, you’ll be taken to payment of application fee. Ensure you should pay the fee before the last date.
Application Fee for various categories are –
- General/Gen-EWS/OBC (Male) – INR 650 (Single paper), INR 1300 (Both papers)
- SC/ST/Transgender/Girls – INR 325 (Single paper), INR 640 (Both papers)
Application Fee for Foreign candidates is –
- General/Gen-EWS/OBC (Male) – INR 3000 (Single paper), INR 6000 (Both papers)
- SC/ST/Transgender/Girls – INR 1500 (Single paper), INR 3000 (Both papers)
So to end this on a precautionary note, we would want you to be vigilant all through this process of JEE Main 2020 application. Ensure you have all the major documents ready, and please do not wait for the last moment. Heavy traffic is not just on roads but also on websites! Do not get stuck in traffic and fill the form as early as possible without any mistake!
Have a news story, an interesting write-up or simply a suggestion? Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org