Beer+Yoga = Healthy life!
Beer is not going to harm you, if you are combining it with the yoga. There is a new fitness trend emerging and it is one we can definitely get on board with. Nobody can say no to it. Yes, thanks to two Berlin-based instructors, now you can practice yoga and drink beer at the same time.
Beer Yoga, was set up by yoga teachers Emily and Jhula, who were inspired to start their spiritual boozing classes. Well, Beer Yoga is the marriage of two great loves – beer and yoga. The joy of drinking beer and the mindfulness of yoga compliment each other, and make for an energizing experience. Have you ever tried it? According to BeerYoga inventors, it is fun but it is no joke – they take the philosophies of yoga and pair it with the pleasure of beer-drinking to reach your highest level of consciousness.
If you are looking for a healthier workout, it is probably a better idea to stick to drinking in the pub, but the idea that alcohol helps you reach a state of enlightenment has proved to be a hit around the world. Beer yoga has already become an international phenomenon. People are practicing it world wide.
Read more: Yoga and Dance, the Cosmic Connection
How to do Beer Yoga?
Here are some beer yoga poses that you can try at the comforts of your own home:
1. Cup Holder Pose: This pose requires you to master the revolved chair yoga pose. The pose will help strengthen your legs and hips as well as exercise your spine . Hold the cup or bottle of beer between your hands in a prayer position as you do the revolved
2. Slurp Pose: Second pose is slurp poss. You may do so by doing a slurp pose. In this pose, beginners may make use of a plank pose while advance yoga practitioners can do a crow pose and take a slurp from the beer can or bottle placed ahead of you on the floor. Not only will you be able to get your booze, but these poses will also help strengthen your core and your arms.
3. Extended Swig-Angle Pose: Do a triangle pose, and as you turn side wards and opening your heart to the ceiling, take a swig of your beer. The triangle pose will help relieve your stress and stimulates the functions of your abdominal organ. Moreover, a triangle pose will also strengthen different muscles. Muscle relaxation is it’s main motive.
4. Hold My Drink Pose: This is a very simple pose that even beginners can get an A+ grade. The hold-my-drink position makes use of the seated spinal twist pose. The position is known for its great effects on refreshing. This also helps calm your nervous system as well as in maintaining normal spinal rotation. Having a beer in your hand with this simple yoga pose is an excellent way to relax indeed!
5. Double Fisting Pose: The classical tree pose is the feature of this beer yoga pose. And mind you, it looks easy but it will surely give you a sweat. The tree pose stretches your shoulders, torso, groins and thighs. It also aids in ankles and and calves strengthening. Moreover, the tree pose will also tone your abdominal muscles. However, when you do this position, you need to ensure that you are able to balance yourself well.
6. Downward Facing Drink Pose: The downward facing drink beer yoga pose uses the basic yoga pose of downward facing dog. This yoga pose will help calm your brain and relieves any stress and mild depression. This pose will also help your body become energize as well as stretch your shoulders, hands, hamstrings, calves and arches. Moreover, for women, the downward facing dog pose will help aid in menopause symptoms and menstrual discomfort.
These are several beer yoga poses that you can try at home, and there are many more too! All you have to do is make use of your imagination and include beer on appropriate different yoga poses that you are comfortable with. This will be fun plus will give you best health.
Have a news story, an interesting write-up or simply a suggestion? Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org