Let’s say Good-BYE to workplace burnout and job stress!
We all have feel stressed at work. These are those awful days when nothing seems to be right, your communication is rampant and you find hard to put up with a boss, employee, or a colleague. In today’s hectic world, the workplace too often seems like an emotional roller coaster. Long hours, tight deadlines and ever-increasing demands can leave you feeling worried and drained.
What can cause workplace stress?
Stress at the workplace can be a big dent. The pressure at the workplace is unavoidable due to the demands of the contemporary work environment. Here are some of the reasons that cause workplace stress:
1. Extreme of activities – When a job is monotonous or chaotic, you need constant energy to stay focused which often leads to job burnout.
2. Work-life imbalance – If your work takes up so much of your time and effort that you do not have the energy to spend time with your family and friends, you might burn out quickly.
3. Lack of recognition – It’s difficult to work hard and never be recognized for one’s accomplishments. Public praise, bonuses and another medium of appreciation keep morale high.
Have you also become irritable or impatient with co-workers, customers or client? We have brought up to you top 5 tips on how to deal with workplace burnout and job stress.
1. Keep your to-do-list minimal
Take a quick glance on your to-do-list for your job. Does everything listed on your list have to be done immediately? If not, then start prioritizing your task according to its deadline. Make sure to keep your list short and manageable so that you aren’t getting piled up with loads of work at a time.
2. Learn to say NO
Like many professionals being, you may have the tendency to say yes to everything so that you remain to stay in the good books of your boss. But do remember, a good boss will respect those who recognize their limits and do not try to take on more than they can handle. Being Jack of all and masters of none does leave a bad impact and takes a toll on your health.
3. Put your Hearts out to someone
Having a heart to heart with someone who genuinely cares about your well being is the best way to relieve your stress. The person you talk to doesn’t have to be in the same industry or understand exactly what you feel they simply need to be a shoulder to cry on. Do share what you feel because bottling up everything destroys your inner happiness and peace.
4. Get plenty of sleep
When nothing goes right you should go to sleep. Have a check on your sleeping pattern because inadequate sleep can also result in workplace burnout and job stress. It’s very mandatory to get an 8 hour of sleep every night.
5. Take FMLA (Family and Medical Leave)
The FMLA provides certain employees with up to 12 weeks of
Have a news story, an interesting write-up or simply a suggestion? Write to us at email@example.com