The 90’s are back in fashion. High waists ruled the fashion world then and have rebound now. And all thanks to shows like Mad Men, hemlines are getting lower. It’s all about pushing up the waistline- be it dirndl skirts to wide legged pants or retro shorts. Let’s have a look at how one can ace this trend:
• My high waisted is not equal to your high waisted– As scientific it may sound, one needs to understand that since, everybody is different so everyone’s definition for high waist will differ. You just don’t need to hit the market and buy the latest pair of high waist shorts. If you have large bust or a short torso go for a pair of high waist shorts/skirts/jeans that is over your hip bone. A mid rise cut will also give the look of the trend.
• Tuck it in– One of the most important characteristic of this trend is to tuck in your top. So, yes tuck it in, to ace this look.
• Go for Crop Top– If you want to stand out of the crowd and also look daring enough then opt for crop top. It will expose your mid riff and make you look sexy.
• Go for the Right Fit– Fitting is of utmost importance while dressing up. But don’t end up such a tight pair of high waist denim pants that will cause you difficulty in breathing. Try clothes to see what suits you and what is comfortable too!
Following are some of the high waist looks that are quite a trend:
With High Waist Shorts
Go for a comfortable pair of shorts with a short tank top. Try some nice shimmery shorts when out with friends for a rocking night. Carry a nice box clutch or a sling as per your style and taste.
With High Waist Skirt
A long high waist pencil skirt looks great with a crop top or a bustier top. One can also experiment by wearing a long top, tucked in and accentuate the look with a broad belt. If you have a large bust – go for a slim belt.
With High Waist Jeans
A well fitted pair of high waist jeans can make anyone look tall. Go for a crop top or a tucked in floral blouse. Don’t confuse them with baggy jeans, please!
• When opting for a high waist, you may end up looking busty. To avoid this, wear a seamless bra of the right size.
• If you are going for a high waist pencil skirt, then you might be worried for a bumpy waistline. Don’t accentuate it by opting for a broad belt unless you are completely confident. If you have flab, go for a peplum instead.
• Remember Yves Saint Laurent iconic look? An androgyny look finished with high waist trousers. You can look that way too. Make sure the fit is not too tight else you will end up having a camel top making you look like a complete flop.
Have a news story, an interesting write-up or simply a suggestion? Write to us at email@example.com