Do you love animals? Then own a Guinea Pig – The Bundle of Joy
Owning a pet gives us ultimate joy. Having them in life just change our entire lifestyle. If you a big animal lover and planning to own a pet to whom you can have fun with then try Guinea Pig this time! Guinea pigs, or “cavies,” are short-tailed, rough-haired South American rodents. Guinea pigs have always been one of the exotic pets you can own. Here 7 interesting reasons to own a Guinea Pig.
Here are 7 reasons guinea pigs make great pets:
1. Guniea Pigs are healthy: You no need to worry about their health. They are normally healthy animals. When cared for and fed properly, guinea pigs are generally very healthy animals. But like other pets, they can be prone to particular diseases — for example, dental diseases and bladder stones in their case — but these conditions may be prevented to some degree with proper nutrition and regular medical checkups.. Guniea Pigs are from cool climate so they get lazy in humid or hot environment.
2. Guinea pigs are easy to care for. You can easily look after them. They require hay, fresh water, fresh vegetables and a small amount of pelleted food formulated for guinea pigs, plus a vitamin C supplement each day. They can be kept in a cage and that cage should be clean on a regular basis.
3. Guinea pigs are great pets for children. No chance of hurting children. They do not hurt anyone. Not as fragile as rabbits and generally less skittish than smaller rodents like hamsters and gerbils, guinea pigs are wonderful pets for kids.
4. Longer life span: If properly cared they live longer lives. While most hamsters, gerbils and rats live only two to three year on an average but most of the guinea pigs live five to seven years. This longer lifespan is important for families to consider if they are thinking of adopting a guinea pig, as you need to be prepared to care for your pig even after the kids have grown up and moved out.
5. Guinea pigs are unique. Yes, they look unique and adorable. Anybody can fall in love with them. Many people do not realize this, but guinea pigs have different personalities. Some guinea pigs are shy; others are bold and dominant. Just because two guinea pigs look the same does not mean they will act the same. Before selecting a guinea pig, be sure to interact with her to ensure that her personality meets your expectations.
6. Guinea pigs are colorful. You can find variety in Guniea Pigs. Short-haired, long-haired, even hairless — guinea pigs come in various breeds with fur of all lengths, colors and patterns.
7. Guinea pigs like people. They love to socialize with people around them. People who have not been around guinea pigs often don’t believe this, but these little and cute animals really do recognize and respond to their owners. They are interactive as dogs and cats.