Heavy Rain Pounds Delhi: Traffic crawls in the city
Delhi and NCR received heavy rainfall in the wee hours of Thursday, bringing relief from the humidity. Although the rain bought a lot of relief from the humidity, it also bought a lot of trouble for the commuters. The traffic crawled in the rush hour as the sky darkened and roads were flooded within the seconds. Massive Jams have been reported in Delhi /NCR and people are advised to stay calm and patient by the Delhi Police. As heavy rain pounds Delhi, the roads witnessed Choc -a – block situation.
Water Logging Problem
Waterlogging can be seen all across the city. It was mostly seen in the mouth of flyovers, underpasses, low-lying areas giving commuters, especially office-goers, a horrible experience in the morning. As heavy rain pounds Delhi, the services of Delhi Metro also got delayed. Notably, a Technical problem was reported in the metro services.
Temperature of Delhi
The maximum temperature in Delhi settled at 32.2-degree Celsius, while the minimum temperature was recorded at 28 degrees Celsius in the Safdarjung Observatory, MET department said.
Prediction of MET Department
The city has recorded 208.4 mm of rainfall so far. The Meteorological Department said, the sky will remain cloudy throughout the day. There may be spells of light to moderate rain in most parts of the city.
As Heavy rain hits Delhi, here are few things you need to do
- Go out only when required. To avoid traffic jams and mess, try to stay at home
- Drink Plenty of water. Also, increase the intake of herbal tea because it will increase your immunity
- Do not forget to carry your umbrella or raincoat
- Take shower twice a day to maintain hygiene
- Use mosquito repellent and wear full sleeves clothes
- Avoid walking in the rain and try to keep your room temperature pleasant.
Have a news story, an interesting write-up or simply a suggestion? Write to us at email@example.com