Buttermilk a heavenly drink in summers: Here is why you should try it?
One of the best ways to pamper yourself on a crazy hot summer noon is to indulge in buttermilk, chaach or chaas. And if you think this is just about quenching your thirst or refreshing you, think again. Buttermilk has plenty of benefits for you.
Being a dairy product, buttermilk also comes loaded with some wonderful health and beauty benefits that are too good to be ignored. But just in case you are one of those who is not too fond of the sour taste or the smell of buttermilk, then give this a good read. This summer doesn’t miss a glass of it!
1. Buttermilk best for skin lightening: Buttermilk contains large amounts of lactic acid, an Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA) that helps to soften and brighten skin, acting as a natural solution to dark spots and tanned patches on the skin. Grind dry orange peel and combine it with buttermilk to make a paste. Massage this paste very gently on your skin. Let it stay for 30 minutes, and then wash it off with cold water. If you do this regularly, you will notice visible changes within a month.
2. Buttermilk for sunburn: Buttermilk acts as a natural lotion that helps soothe sunburn. Simply mix buttermilk with tomato juice and apply this mixture on the affected area. The vitamins A and C in this mixture will help in healing the skin better. After rinsing this mix off, you will feel much cooler and considerably relieved of the painful burn sting. The best remedy for you Girls!
3. Buttermilk and honey together have anti-aging properties: Buttermilk mixed with honey works as a great anti-aging solution. The AHA, lactic acid, is what many anti-aging lotions use. Honey acts as a natural cleanser while buttermilk moisturizes, lightens skin. Once the preliminary work is done by honey, buttermilk comes into play and restores the glow and rectifies the imperfections of the skin. If you have oily skin, you can add a tablespoon of lemon juice to this mask.
4. Buttermilk good for hair too! Having extremely dry, brittle, badly damaged hair in the hot summers is very common; especially, if you have been washing your hair too regularly. A buttermilk mask acts as a deep conditioner to soften your hair, no matter how damaged it is. Simply mix a banana and 2 tsp of honey in a cup of buttermilk. Apply this mixture as a mask on your scalp and hair, and leave it for 45 minutes before washing it off. You will be left with unbelievably soft and shiny hair.
5. Good for digestion: Buttermilk is a natural probiotic, which means that it provides the “gut-friendly” bacteria that aid better digestion. It also helps to reduce frequent heartburn and regulates the acidity that usually follows a spicy meal.
Have a news story, an interesting write-up or simply a suggestion? Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org