Health benefits of ‘Banana’
Banana is the most widely consumed fruit across the world, rich in potassium and fiber. One can just have a yummy and healthy breakfast with some ripe bananas at room temperature and some cereals or milk. Do you know the amazing health benefits of eating a banana? The Dietary Guidelines by Americans suggests 21-25 g/day for women and 30-38 g/day for men. Today, we will discuss its amazing banana health benefits.
- Controlling Diabetes: One medium-sized banana can provide about 3grams of fiber which reduces sugar Spikes. Also, Good blood sugar control can help prevent or slow the progression of some of the main medical complications of diabetes.
- Digestive Health: Banana is recommended for diarrhea treatment. Potassium content in banana helps in regaining the lost nutrients and replenish the potassium stores.
- Preserving the memory and boosting mood: Bananas contain an amino acid named tryptophan which helps in preserving memory and boosting your mood.
- Heart Health: The fiber. Potassium, vitamin C and B6 content of Banana supports heart health and also reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease. High potassium helps in reducing the risk of stroke, protecting the loss of muscle mass, preserving the bone mineral density. It also minimizes the formation of kidney stones.
- Cancer: Consuming bananas and oranges in the first two years of your life reduces the risks of developing childhood leukemia. The vitamin C content present in Banana helps in lessening the formation of free radicals which are known to cause cancer.
- Asthma: According to a study it has been proven that children who eat just 1 banana per day reduced the risk of developing asthma by 34%.
- Blood Pressure: Maintaining a low sodium intake is essential for lowering blood pressure. The potassium content of banana equally helps in it because of its vasodilation effect. High potassium intake reduces the risk of death by 20% from any causes.
Read more: 6 Health Benefits Of Drinking Black Coffee
Have a news story, an interesting write-up or simply a suggestion? Write to us at email@example.com