Hariyali Teej 2022: Celebrate the purity of Love
- When is Hariyali Teej celebrated?
- Hariyali Teej 2022: Celebrate the spirit of Womanhood
According to Hindu rituals, Hariyali Teej welcomes the monsoon season and it is primarily celebrated by women and is dedicated to Goddess Parvati and her union with Lord Shiva. Hariyali Teej 2022 will be celebrated on July 31, 2022. Women and girls fast on this day and worship Goddess Parvati and Lord Shiva to seek their blessings for the marital bliss. It is mainly celebrated to honour the ‘Devotion and Love’ of Goddess Parvati for her husband Lord Shiva.
Hariyali Teej is a gentle reminder for all the women out there that it’s time to celebrate womanhood. Here is how you can make your Teej super special. Don’t forget to look your best.
Hariyali Teej falls during sawan month which is a holy month to observe fasts devoted to Lord Shiva and goddess Parvati. In Karnataka, Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh the festival is known as Gauri Habba. During Hariyali Teej married women visit their parents’ home and wear new clothes.
Here are a few things that you can do to make your Teej, especially if it is your first Teej post marriage.
1. Every festival after marriage is special. If you are going to celebrate your first Teej together, then do not forget to look your best. Pick bright colors to stand out. Try to keep your hairstyle simple since its monsoon, a lot of styling can leave your hair damaged.
2. Seek the blessings of Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati together for a happy married life. Do not forget to make each other feel special. If your wife is fasting for you, make sure to make her comfortable.
3. Do not forget to apply Henna : It is considered auspicious to apply henna on Teej. You can try different designs. Heena and green color is quite special for this day. If you are in Delhi, Connaught Place, Lajpat Nagar and INA are the best places to get the mehendi done.
4. Ghewar is a must! Exchange gehwar to add sweetness to your Teej festival. Ghewar is a Rajasthani cuisine made from ghee, flour and sugar syrup. It is especially prepared during the Teej festival.
Happy Teej to all you beautiful ladies! Feel good and look good. After all, it is your day!
Auspicious Time to perform Puja
Tritiya Begins : 02:59 Am on July 31
Tritya Ends : 4:18 Am on August 1