Google Duo, its free video calling service now in India
Google launched the Google Duo, a free video calling service and the Allo, which is a free instant messaging app earlier this month.
While Allo is still ‘coming soon’ in India, you can now download the Duo from Google PlayStore.
Duo is available on both the Android and iOS so you can make free video calls to all of your friends and family, regardless if they are using an Android or iOS device.
How to install Google Duo on your Android phone?
1.Go to the PlayStore, fill in the details of the country you are residing in, your phone number, type in the verification code received through sms on the number you have entered, fill in the verification code, and you are ready to start.
Key features that you should know about Duo:
1. Duo also has a feature Knock Knock, which further lets you preview who is calling you up on the other end of the call.
2. Android users can see the Knock Knock even if Duo is not open, even if the phone screen is locked. While the iPhone users can see Knock Know only if the app is open.
3. One can receive the Knock Knocks only from the people who are already in the contact list.
4. You can also block a contact from calling you, and the person would not get to know that he has been blocked.
5. Knock Knock can also be further disabled altogether by going to the Duo’s Settings menu, but one cannot disable the Knock Knock on a person-to-person basis.