How to get rid of Thantophobia?
There are various types of phobias from which one can actually suffer. Fear of losing someone you love is very depressing, and you are in no position to express your feeling to your partner. Thantophobia basically means fear of losing someone you love the most. It does not mean you should always be depressed, there are ways you can overcome this fear.
We have got 5 Thantophobia Facts: Overcome Fear of Losing Someone You Love.
1. Spend some time alone, it will help you in getting positive energy: Do not go after things, relax and give yourself sometime to get off thantophobia. Staying alone for sometime will give the required composer to overcome the fear. Try out writing down your thoughts, feelings, and fears when it comes to losing someone you love may help you overcome that feeling. Sometimes this fear lives in your mind only, so relax.
2. Communicate with your partner: This is most effective way to overcome your fear. Communication with your partner and telling him about your fear will help as he/she will try to be with you all the time and fear of losing your love will be gone. Communication is the key to successful relationships. Realize that it’s normal for you to have some fear of losing someone you love; you will be able to accept your feelings and work toward moving on. Notably, losing this fear altogether is actually a cause for concern, as it usually signifies an even bigger issue, such as a loss of interest in your relationship.
3. Enjoy your significant other: Enjoy each-others company and get wrapped in affection. According to Psychologist, Thantophobia is just an imagination; you can imagine yourself in a situation without your partner and get scared. Sometimes it’s really helpful but people more often get scared to and never want be alone.
4. Life will never go your way: To be clearer, the truth is losing loved ones will happen on a daily basis. You are not the only person dealing with it, there are people who enjoy living alone and never get depressed. Losing your loved ones will happen whether you want it or not. Accepting it will help you overcome your fear. Enjoy your life on the full extent.
5. Do not try to control everything: You cannot stop every single person who comes into your life from leaving you. People will come and go, it’s the harsh reality. Trust in yourself and believe in positive living. You are not bounded to any physical body in the universe. Just let things happen, Stop worrying about it all the time and realize that you cannot control their feelings and you cannot control everything they do not matter how much you might want to. So, just stop. Nobody likes a control freak, anyway!
Have a news story, an interesting write-up or simply a suggestion? Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org