Seeing is such a big part of the day. Eyes are the most important sense organ.
Here are some facts about eyes that you must know:
- The average blink last for about 1/10 of the second.
- Eyes are about 1 inch across and about 0.25 once.
- Each of your eyes has a small blind spot in the back of the retina where the optic nerve attaches. You don’t notice the hole in your vision because your eyes work together to fill in each other’s blind spot.
- The muscles of the eyes are the most active muscles.
- Human eye can distinguish about 10 million different colors.
- People with blue eyes have a higher alcohol tolerance.
- We spend about 10% of waking hours with closed eyes, blinking.
- Our eyes can’t get sunburn.
- The size of the eyeball remains same from birth to death.
- Corneas are the only tissues that don’t have blood.