Here are the few changes that Elon Musk is likely to introduce on Twitter.
The new version of Twitter under Elon Musk has already undergone massive changes, which include the new-look Twitter Blue subscription which is now available in more countries, including India. However, Twitter boss Elon Musk has announced what he referred to as the first part of a major user interface overhaul.
Changes introduced or yet to be introduced by Twitter Boss Elon Musk
- Tinder Swipe feature: Musk said that the social media giant will be rolling out easy left and right swipe to move between recommended vs. followed tweets later this week.
- Bookmark button: A bookmark button for tweets will also be added a week later.
- Long-form tweets: Another feature that is soon coming to Twitter, which has been reportedly losing money, staff, and users after Musk acquired the platform for $44 billion, is the long-form tweets. In the last of the changes, Musk said the facility of long-form tweets will be introduced in early February. The long-form tweet feature will allow users on the platform to post longer tweets without the current word limit of 280n characters.
- Blue tick fee: The new policy was also made for blue ticks on the accounts, for which people were charged a fee.
- Videos in 1080p: Twitter Blue also brings new features like the ability to post videos in 1080p and edit tweets among others.
Elon Musk has also fired thousands of employees from the company, including the engineers who were part of the core team, and the global content moderation team.
Musk, who lost the title of ‘world’s richest man’ recently, took to Twitter to inform his fans about the upcoming upgrades to the social network.