Election Results 2018: Live updates
The Elections Results 2018 will be declared today and counting for the same has already begun. As of now, Congress is leading in 99 seats, in the 199 seat assembly in Rajasthan. Notably, the Congress was earlier leading in 103 seats. However, this number has now dropped to just two seats shy of the majority mark. But the Confident Congress is saying that they will form the government in Rajasthan. On the other hand, TRS has taken the massive lead in Telangana.
The Congress is also leading in Chhattisgarh. High voter turnouts were recorded in the five states – Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Telangana, and Mizoram- went for polls.
Here are the key highlights of Election Results 2018
- Congress crosses majority mark in Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh. Apart from it, it is all set for big win in Chhattisgarh
- TRS will retain Telangana whereas MNF will take away the throne from Congress in Mizoram.
- The ruling BJP and Congress are caught in a close fight in Madhya Pradesh. Initially, Congress was ahead of BJP. Now, it seems CM Shivraj Chouhan is seeking a record fourth term.
- Congress gains two states Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh
- Rahul Gandhi and Sonia Gandhi accepted the congratulatory messages and said let’s wait for the final results.
- These elections are seen as the semifinal of General election 2019 and the results are showing what India wants.
- Amid election results, political leaders have started giving statements. Sachin Pilot in a statement said, “People’s anger against BJP is evident. Our lead will increase as more results come in. The congress is in a comfortable position in all three states.”
- There is neck to neck competition between leading parties Congress and BJP. Let us see who will form the government
- These election results will surely have a huge impact on General elections 2019.
- NCP Chief Sharad Pawar has said, “Trends show Indian will not tolerate arrogance.”