Here are some life lessons we all can learn from Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam’s Life
Happy Birthday, Dr Kalam: There are some people you wish were immortal. Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, former President of India, was one of them.
Dr Kalam was a personality with no haters. With his scientific contribution, Kalam earned a sobriquet for himself, ‘The Missile man of India.’
However, his story, journey and thoughts have greatly impacted all of us. He may not be eternal, but his words certainly are. Here are a few things that we learnt from this great man:
Here are some inspirational quotes from him that can d wonders in one’s life.
- “Without your involvement, you can’t succeed. With your involvement, you can’t fail.”
- “It is easy to defeat someone but very hard to win someone.”
- “If you want to shine like the sun. First, burn like a sun.”
- “Man needs difficulties in life because they are necessary to enjoy success.”
- “Thinking should become your capital asset, no matter whatever ups and downs you come across”.
- We should not give up and not allow the problem to defeat us.
- You have to dream before your dreams can come true.
- The bird is powered by its own life and motivation.
- Several women have brought about immense change in society.
- Great dreams of great dreamers are always transcended.
Here are the 5 lessons Dr APJ Abdul Kalam taught us
1. It is okay to take time off work or bunk a class – “Sometimes, it’s better to bunk a class and enjoy with friends, because now, when I look back, marks never make me laugh, but memories do.” These words said by Dr Kalam were the greatest saviours in my school and college life. We have all been there, done that and felt good about it, too, because he kind of legitimized bunks for us.
2. It is not the number of friends but the quality of friendships – “One best book is equal to a hundred good friends, but one good friend is equal to a library.” With friendship day just around the corner, you might want to revisit and preserve those libraries.
3. Without the bitter baby, the sweet ain’t as sweet – “Man needs difficulties in life because they are necessary to enjoy success”. Oh yes. How can we appreciate happiness if we haven’t been through periods of sadness?
4. Knowledge is a triumph – Whoever thought acquiring wealth or getting fame is the ultimate victory probably never paid heed to Dr Kalam’s words, “Learning gives creativity, Creativity leads to thinking, Thinking leads to knowledge, knowledge makes you great.”
5. Perseverance – “A big shot is someone who keeps on shooting, so keep trying.”
A man with the philosophy that ‘Life is not rocket science will stay in our hearts forever. Everybody knows his love for students, so his Birthday will now be celebrated as students day.
APJ Abdul Kalam, aka missile man, left the world on July 27, 2015, while addressing students at the Indian Institute of Management (IIM) in Shillong, Meghalaya.
Happy Birthday to a man with no haters!