Do you dream to have a monsoon wedding – but scared of rain playing as a spoilsport? Don’t worry; you just need a backup plan in advance to welcome the showers, as per an expert.
Have a look at the quick list of dos and don’ts for a monsoon wedding.
* Do plan a rain dance party as a part of your pre-wedding event.
* Seating is a major concern in the rain, so prefer a bean bag seating setup especially among youngsters.
* Beautification should be done by using some neons, ribbon décor and flowery drapes. As they will suit the ambience.
* Guys, when it is monsoon, please don’t shy away from having a monsoon-based theme in your stationery. Which could start from your invitation cards to the giveaways, monsoon is the key to design.
* Rains usually create a need for you to wear the fresh coloured lehengas. Peach, rose pink, subtle gold tomato red should be the colors you choose.
* Is it not a good idea to offer umbrella as a giveaway to your guests? Because bangles and sunshades have become common giveaways.
* Your guests would be needing plastics to wrap up their phones and belongings while in the rain, so have an arrangement for plastic or rather personalized waterproof bags.
* Rain proofing is an absolute necessity if you are not planning your wedding in a banquet. But a banquet should definitely be the first choice.
* Your make-up should not be on a heavy foundation base. Because it would not just keep up.
* A big no-no! for the decorations based on warm colors.
* Please do not have flower-based decorations, prefer floral prints in the drape, parachute material gazebo, and artificial flowers.
* Heels do not go well with rains. Prefer Juttis/floral mojaris which works best in rains.
* Do not go for heavy real flower jewellery, instead choose tiaras, or gotta jewellery.