What are the symptoms and causes of it?
Today, no one has time to eat nutritious and healthy food and this has become one of the major reasons behind the problem of constipation. Not being able to poop is one of the most frustrating things on a daily basis routine. Constipation doesn’t simply end with bowel issues but it also causes bloating, nausea, and pain in abdomen too. Well, constipation can cause serious problem.
Why Constipation is Dangerous?
The first issue with constipation is that it slows down your digestive abilities. The internal material inside the system gets stuck up for the long time and takes more time to get eliminated. Constipation can also cause fecal fever, headaches, dehydration, vomiting, confusion, weight loss and rapid breathing too and fecal impaction is really very dangerous. It is the situation when the body fails to throw wastes out on time, even death could occur.
These are the symptoms of Constipation:-
- Few bowel movements
- Trouble having a bowel movement (straining to go)
- Hard or small stools
- A sense that everything didn’t come out
- Swollen belly or belly pain
- Throwing up
Why does it happen?
- Changes in usual diet or activities
- Eating lots of dairy consumption
- Excess use of sugar
- Having alcohol and caffeine products
- Eating disorders
- Iron and Calcium supplements
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Not being active
- Not drinking enough water or adding fiber in your diet
- Problems with the nerves and muscles in the digestive system
- Resisting the urge to have a bowel movement
- Due to some medications
- Much stress
What should you do, if you feel Constipated:-
- Drink 8 glasses of water a day, unless your doctor told you to limit fluids for another reason
- Go for a walk and do some exercises
- Go for warm liquids, especially in the morning
- Add more fruits and vegetables to your diet
- Eat prunes, oats and bran cereal
Consult a doctor if you are suffering from constipation for more than one or two days.
Have a news story, an interesting write-up or simply a suggestion? Write to us at email@example.com