During winter season citrus fruits like limes, mandarins and grapefruits capture the fruit market and are seen everywhere till the early spring.
From pulp to juice everything of citrus fruits is enriched with amazing beauty-enhancing properties. The oils extracted from the citrus fruits find application in aromatherapy and skin care therapies.
The citric acid found in citrus fruits is effective in exfoliating the dead skin cells. The natural detoxifying antiseptic qualities of citrus fruits help in fading off stretch marks, healing acne and fighting the annoying fungus.
The essence of lime, mandarins and grapefruit is useful in energizing your down spirits and keeping your mood elevated.
So besides the dietary benefits, these energizing fleshy citrus fruits are blessed with enormous beauty benefits.
Oneworldnews brings to you some easy DIY tips for enhancing the radiance of your skin.
Mandarin Almond Facial Scrub:
Take 2 tsp almond meal, 1/2 tsp mandarin juice, and1 tsp honey.
• Mix all the above listed ingredients in a clean bowl and make an even paste.
• Wash your face and pat it dry with a clean towel. Now apply the paste evenly on your face and neck. Scrub gently for 2-3 minutes. Rinse with lukewarm water.
• This face scrub leaves your face blemish-free and is effective in fading scars and tiny marks.
Lime Anti-Acne Treatment:
Take 1 cup whole milk, 1 tsp glycerin and juice of one lime.
• Take a sauce pan and boil milk and add few drops of lime and 1 tsp of glycerin in the saucepan.
• Remove it from the gas burner and allow the mixture to cool. Apply the liquid on your face with the help of cotton ball and leave it for overnight.
• Wash your face with fresh water and pat dry. Repeat the treatment for one week and be ready to bid adieu to those irritating and painful acne!
Cell-Renewing Grapefruit Mask:
For this mask take 2 Tbsp grapefruit juice, 2 Tbsp plain yogurt and1 tsp carrot juice.
• Take a clean bowl and mix the above mentioned ingredients and make a fine paste.
• Now evenly apply the paste on your face.
• Leave it as such for 10-15 minutes subsequently wash with lukewarm water and pat dry.
You will be surprised to see how fresh and revived your skin feels!