Delhi Tussle: Important Highlights
Now, the larger bench will intervene in the issue and will take a final decision who will take the final decision on transfer and appointment of bureaucrats in Delhi. Notably, a constitution bench on July 4, 2018, had asked both the authorities to practice collaborative federalism. The Court had restricted jurisdiction of L-G to matters of land, police and public order. Notably, in other matters, L-G had to act on the aid and advice of the Council of Ministers of the elected government of Delhi.
After the judgment of Supreme Court to let the matter on services be decided by a larger bench, AAP Party shared its reaction on Twitter with a short clip of Sunny Deol’s popular dialogue from Damini “ Tareek Par Tareek”
Let us now take a look at the Judgment in Short:
- Services to be decided by a larger bench
- Anti Corruption would be looked by Center
- Appropriate government under the commission of Enquiry Act with Centre
- Electricity reforms are under the Delhi government
- Delhi government would be able to take a decision on revision of minimum rates of agricultural but LG can refer it to the president
- Delhi government has the power to appoint special PP.
On the other hand, ruling party BJP is very happy with the verdict and said after the verdict there shouldn’t be any scope for confusion or conflict.
Have a news story, an interesting write-up or simply a suggestion? Write to us at email@example.com