Deepika Padukone and her meaningful interviews that always leave us inspired!
Deepika Padukone is one of the most celebrated actors in B- Town. She made her debut in the year 2007 and since then, she has come a long way personally and professionally. She has not just evolved as an actor but as a person as well. Her interviews are always special and leave us inspired to do better in our lives. The way she speaks to the way she carries herself, there is a lot that we can actually learn from this beautiful woman. Recently, she sat down with Anupama Chopra, the film critic for an interview and shared basic yet meaningful things about life that can keep us grounded.
Here are a few highlights from her recent interview that left us inspired and gave us many more reasons to admire her. Let us quickly take a look and take notes of it.
- While you are building your career, life is happening as well. One should not forget to nurture important parts of his/her life. Be it spending more time with your parents to enjoying quality time with your partner.
2. Doing basic things like making your bed, ordering groceries to even clearing your closet, doing basic things can keep you grounded. No matter who you are and what you are doing in your life, one should not leave their roots behind.
- Allow yourself to make mistakes so that you come out wiser. Remember every mistake you make adds on to life, your experience and makes you a better person. Deepika Padukone further added that it is important to be flexible in terms of experiencing things. When you become rigid, you don’t allow energy to flow.
4. Always and always listen to your gut feeling. We all have one voice that always guides us. All you need to do is – listen to it as much as you can. Cut out the noise and follow what your heart says to you.
- Always be a student of life. Be open to new experiences, new mistakes and new learnings. We are all evolving and one should always focus on their growth.
Deepika Padukone as a Producer & how does she look at the working culture in India?
Deepika Padukone has now turned a producer as well. On asking how she decides which project she wants to invest in – She replied, “I take decisions after listening to my gut.” She also appreciated the fact that women have now come a long way when it comes to cinema and that in her world women are not Décor items anymore. In fact, the actor also went on to talk about making a difference in someone’s life.
Deepika revealed a few basic things that she wants to change about the working culture in Indian Cinema. She highlighted some important pointers that we believe every industry should follow:
- Reduce the working hours. Productivity is not about the number of hours someone worked. Longer working hours and burn out shouldn’t be celebrated.
2. Monday – Friday should be the working days. Saturdays should be kept for discussions and brainstorming, isn’t that a cool idea? And Sunday one should not entertain a single work call.
3. Access to good and nutritious food to everyone. Be it on a set on in organization, everyone should have access to good food.
4. Last but least, a mental health expert should be there on the set and we can actually do it for organization as well so that people can share their emotions and seek help.