How to treat Acidity naturally?
Acidity is common these days, thanks to our lifestyle. A lot of us don’t eat the right food and we don’t even eat on time. This all leads to acidity. Let us understand what is acidity? The Stomach normally secrets acid that is essential for digestion but when there is excess production of acid by the gastric gland of the stomach, it results in a condition known as acidity. Let us what are the natural remedies to treat acidity.
What are the common causes of Acidity?
- Consumption of Alcohol
- Highly spicy food
- Non – Vegetarian diet
When do all these problems occur?
- After meals
- When lifting weight or straining and applying pressure in the intraabdominal area
- At night when after lying down.
How to treat acidity naturally at home?
1. After every meal eats Jaggery and keep it in your mouth and suck. It will reduce the acidity problem.
2. Boil one cup of water. To this add 1 tsp of Aniseed (saunf). Cover and overnight. Strain the water in the morning and 1 tsp of honey. When it is taken 3 times a day it prevents acidity.
3. You can powder one clove and one cardamom, use the powder as the mouth freshener after every meal. No more acidity and no more bad breath.
4. To avoid the problem of acidity, one should drink lukewarm water every morning after waking up. This will also keep the acidity problems at bay.
Read more: How Diabetic can fast for Navratri?
5. Add Buttermilk in your diet, especially in summers. It normalizes the acidity in the stomach due to the presence of lactic acid in it.
6. Avoid Smoking because it can trigger your reflux issues thereby increasing your acidity hence it should be avoided.
A bad lifestyle or having a lot of junk food can lead to acidity. It is important to have a balanced diet and the right amount of sleep to keep acidity problem at bay.
Have a news story, an interesting write-up or simply a suggestion? Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org