Unfiltered: Are we prepared to handle the situation if it get worse?
After a spike in coronavirus and to stop the deadly outbreak entering into its third phase, India is taking as many precautions as it can to stop the coronavirus outbreak. There are four confirmed deaths in India due to coronavirus and the more than 180 have been found positive. The WHO has declared COVID-19 a pandemic after more than 200,000 confirmed cases and 8,900 deaths across 114 countries.
The COVID-19 or coronavirus is a large family of viruses that causes illness ranging from cold to acute respiratory syndromes. But the current virus is being called a novel strain that has been never seen before. The government of all countries are taking many steps to stop the deadly virus from spreading.
The central government and state government in India have also taken major steps to curb the virus from spreading. Here are 10 such steps.
1. All existing visas, except diplomatic, UN/International Organizations, official, project visas, employment, stand suspended till April 15.
2. All Incoming International flights have been cancelled from 22nd March. Earlier, Indian citizens were evacuated from China, Italy, Iran and Japan.
3. The government has strongly advised against travelling to China, Iran, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, Spain, Germany and France.
Read more: 10 things to know about social distancing
4. PM Modi asked the people of India to follow the Janta Curfew on Sunday, 22 March between 7 AM to 9 PM.
5. Mizoram and Manipur have shut its border with Myanmar indefinitely and banned the entry of foreigners looking at the scare of coronavirus.
6. India has restricted export of about 26 Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients and formulations including vitamins, antibiotics and hormones like Paracetamol, Metronidazole, Vitamins B1, B6, B12, hormone progesterone.
7. Prime Minister Modi has also asked the people to practice social distancing and stay as much as they can at their home.
8. A recent government advisory suggests the instalment of thermal scanners at the entry of Government buildings, as feasible.
9. All the gyms, educational institutions have been closed in many cities including Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Pune and more. Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal has also advised the police to stop gathering of more than 20 people in the capital.
10. Leave sanctioning authorities have been advised by the government to sanction leave whenever any request is made for self-quarantine as a precautionary measure.
Have a news story, an interesting write-up or simply a suggestion? Write to us at email@example.com