Chaitra Navratri is a festival, which entails for nine days and it starts on the first day of Luni- solar calendar that falls in the month of March or April. They are known as the Chaitra Navratri.
All nine days during Navratri are dedicated to nine forms of Goddess Shakti. Chaitra Navratri is more popular in Northern parts of India.
Today is the second day of Navratri and here is the list of Goddesses to be worshipped in these nine days.
- Maa Shailaputri : Shail means mountains and Puri means daughter. She is known as Parvati or Hemavati
- Maa Brahmacharini : The one who constantly meditates on the supreme being and remains in the deep meditation
- Maa Chandraghanta: This a terrible aspect of Goddess Shakti, who is roaring in anger
- Maa Kushmanda : Ku means a little, Usma means energy and Anda means cosmic egg or universe. She is also known as Asthabhuja
- Maa Skanda: She is the mother of Kartik, the most handsome God
- Maa Katyayni: She is known as Katyayni because she was born as the daughter of sage Katya or Katya Clan
- Maa Kalaratri: She is the one who destroys ignorance and darkness and is worshipped on the seventh day
- Maa Mahagauri: She is the form of Maa Parvati , when she did penance to get shiva as her husband
- Maa Siddhidarti: In this form maa provides siddhi or knowledge
Well, this Navratri do not forget to seek the blessings of Goddess Shakti. Wish you a happy Navratri from the entire team of One World News