Famous Bollywood celebs who became the target of the Income Tax Department
Bollywood celebrities have immeasurable wealth, but sometimes this much money becomes a threat to these celebrities. This has happened many times in B-Town when the Income Tax Department has raided the house of famous Bollywood celebrities.
Sonu Sood was in constant discussion for the past few days. The Income Tax Department was surveying his house and office. The Income Tax Department raided 28 locations including Lucknow, Kanpur, Jaipur, Delhi, and Gurugram. Not only this, the IT department has claimed tax evasion of 20 crores from the actor. He is not the first celebrity in Bollywood, whose house has been raided by the Income Tax Department. Before this, many big stars of the industry have become the target of IT.
Sonu Sood is not the first celebrity in Bollywood, whose house has been raided by the Income Tax Department. Before this, many big stars of the industry have come under the target of IT. Because of this, these celebs remained in the news for a long time. So let’s know about these celebs who have fallen into the trap of the IT department.
1. Taapsee Pannu: In March this year, along with Taapsee Pannu, there was a raid at Anurag Kashyap’s house. According to reports, this raid was done in connection with the tax evasion of Phantom film. However, Taapsee had tweeted that all the allegations against her are false. IT had raided many places of Taapsee and Anurag Kashyap, although, after this raid, which lasted for three days, Taapsee also tweeted and called the allegation made by the Income Tax Department false. Let us tell you that both Anurag Kashyap and Taapsee have been vocal against the government and are not afraid to give their reaction.
2. Katrina Kaif: Katrina Kaif’s name also comes in the list of celebs, who have come under the target of the Income Tax Department. In the year 2011, there was a raid of the Income Tax Department at Katrina’s house for not giving tax information properly. The IT department had accused the actress of having assets disproportionate to her income, but the actress denied all these allegations as false. Katrina was also questioned a lot in this case.
3. Priyanka Chopra: In 2011, the house of global icon Priyanka Chopra was also raided by the Income Tax Department. According to the reports, Priyanka had assets worth about Rs 6 crore at that time. Not only this, the Income Tax Department had also searched Priyanka’s house. However, this raid was in the news because Shahid Kapoor was present in Priyanka’s house at that time. After which the news of their affair was in the headlines.
4. Rani Mukherji: Bollywood’s strong actress Rani Mukherjee has also come under the target of the Income Tax Department. In the year 2000, the career of the actress was at its peak. The Income Tax Department had accused the actress of tax evasion. In fact, the Income Tax Department raided the house of the actress on suspicion of it housing black money. According to reports, Rs 12 lakh in cash was recovered from the house.
5. Salman Khan: The house of Bollywood superstar Salman Khan was also raided by the IT Department. In the year 2000, there was a raid on the properties of Salman Khan at different places. Wherever Salman Khan’s property was in Mumbai, the IT Department had searched there. Not only this, there has been an income tax raid on his Panvel house as well. Apart from him, the police had also questioned brother Sohail Khan in this case.
6. Sanjay Dutt: In 2012, Sanjay Dutt’s house was also raided by the Income Tax Department. During this, the IT department searched his house for more than 20 hours. Actually, it was said that the actor has custom-made watches, which are said to be worth crores. On the basis of this suspicion, the Income Tax Department raided the actor’s house.