6 beaches in Maharashtra that you need to visit at least once!
When we think about a beach holiday, the first place that immediately comes to our mind is Goa, right? But there are many more gorgeous and virgin beaches in Maharashtra where you can visit to make your vacations rejuvenating. If you are really looking for a little tropical sunshine, pristine waters, and seafood, then these 6 beaches are for you. Here are the 6 best beaches in Maharashtra.
1. Dahanu – Bordi Beach: Bordi and Dahanu beach are about 19 km apart, and both towns have gorgeous and virgin beaches where you can easily find beachgoers, vendors, and even the occasional camel or horse rides too. Bordi and Dahanu beach are hidden beaches along with the small coastal highway. Here you can find a few deserted beaches, where you will love to spend some time without worrying about anything. You can reach Dahanu by train, and for Bordi, trains to Gholvad run regularly. Both are about 3.5 hours from Mumbai and 6 hours from Pune by road.
2. Velas Beach:This place is famous for the endangered Olive Ridley turtles who lay their eggs on this beach, Velas beach is a treat for wildlife fan. On this beach visitors are not allowed during hatching season except during turtle viewing hours, this small eco-village is worth a visit. The villagers play an active role in promoting the wellbeing of the turtle hatchlings as well as tourism in the area. They even offer homestay options for those interested! Velas is about 5 hours by road from both Mumbai and Pune.
3. Bassein Beach: It might be hard to believe that such a beautiful and spotless beach is lying so close to Mumbai, this place is a hidden gem. You can experience sunbathe, relax and explore nearby forts. But do not forget yourself to drop for a stunning view of the sunset and stick for a glimpse of this beach by moonlight. Bassein Beach is close to Nalasopara, which is reachable by train and is less than 2 hours from Mumbai and about 4 hours from Pune by road.
4. Velneshwar Beach: The day when you want to disconnect from others, you can visit this beach. All you need to take, a couple of good books and settle down under an umbrella, snoozing, and swimming. This Konkan beach doesn’t have a lot to do, but that’s part of its charm. Velneshwar Beach is about 6 hours by road from Mumbai and Pune.
5. Shrivardhan Beach: This place is well known as the ‘Town of the Peshwas’, Shrivardhan has an important place in Maharashtra history because it is a birthplace of Balaji Vishwanath, he was the first Peshwa of the Maratha Empire. Now, the town is famous for its lovely beach and is also close to two other pristine Maharashtrian beaches – Diveagar and Harihareshwar. Shrivardhan is about 4 hours by road from Mumbai and Pune.
6. Malvan Beach: The land of Malvani cuisine, Malvan is a beachside town that has a pristine and popular beach. From scuba diving to just bumming about, there’s plenty to do on the beach here, and for those who love to explore, the stunning seaside Sindhudurg Fort and Padmagarh Fort are close at hand, both of which are among the most important sea forts in Maharashtra. Malvan is also close to a number of amazing beaches––some of Maharashtra’s finest, in fact––including Tarkali Beach and Vengurla Malvan, known for their white sand and crystal clear waters. By road, Malvan is 10 hours from Mumbai and 8 hours from Pune. The nearest train station is Kudal.
Have a news story, an interesting write-up or simply a suggestion? Write to us at info @firstname.lastname@example.org