Security has been enhanced across the country amid the Ayodhya case Judgment
The Supreme Court announced the verdict in the sensitive Babri Masjid-Ram Mandir land dispute. The verdict suggests that the disputed land will be given to a government-run trust to build the temple while Muslims will get a five-acre suitable plot in the city. The Chief Justice of India, Ranjan Gogoi read the historic judgment in the Babri Masjid-Ram Mandir Ayodhya case.
The Supreme Court has restricted the entry of persons to avoid any chaos. The PRO of the Supreme Court has said that a one-day pass that is made for entry of litigants/junior lawyers will not be issued on Saturday. Only Litigants with names on the causelist will be issued today.
Union Home Minister and BJP President Amit Shah are holding a high-level security meeting in New Delhi. On the other hand, UP CM Yogi Adityanath is holding a meeting with DGP of UP, OP Singh to know about the security arrangements.
Here are some important points to know amid the Ayodhya Case Judgment
1. Security has been tightened across India ahead of the much-awaited verdict to avoid any untoward incident. All states and Union Territories have increased the presence of security forces on the roads. Even jails have been put on high alert.
2. A thick blanket of security has been put in the Ayodhya. 4000 paramilitary personnel and 30 bomb squads have been deployed in the area. All the Dharamsalas in the city have been instructed to shut down and non-locals have been asked to vacate the area.
3. Section 144 of CrPC has been imposed in the entire Uttar Pradesh, Goa and Jammu, and Kashmir. Section 144 of CrPC prohibits the gathering of more than four people.
4. Colleges, Schools and other educational institutes have been shut in states like UP, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, and Delhi along with the UT Jammu and Kashmir.
5. All liquor shops will be closed across Uttar Pradesh on Saturday and Sunday in view of the verdict. There is a liquor ban in Jammu and Kashmir and Bengaluru amid the historic Ayodhya case judgment.
6. Z Plus security has been given to CJI, Ranjan Gogoi and security outside the residences of five judges in the constitution who is hearing the matter have been beefed up.
7. Social Media Networks are being closely watched for any objectionable post across the country.
8. Security has been beefed up in New Delhi. Deputy Commissioners of all districts were instructed to raise police visibility and patrolling in sensitive areas.
9. Mobile internet services in Aligarh will remain suspended until midnight. Ayodhya too might face suspension of internet services.
10. Mumbai police are to deploy drone units if the situation demands. However, more than 5,000 cameras are already in place for surveillance.
Have a news story, an interesting write-up or simply a suggestion? Write to us at email@example.com