Atal Bihari Vajpayee birth anniversary: He wasn’t just praised by his followers but also by the opposition
25th December is special for the people of India for two reasons. One- Whole world celebrates Christmas Day and second is –this day marks the birth anniversary of India’s most loved Prime Minister (arguably) Atal Bihari Vajpayee. He was one leader who was equally respected by opposition as his followers.
Today on Atal Bihari Vajpayee birth anniversary, let’s look at 10 big achievements of the Atal Bihari Vajpayee government.
- He took a courageous decision in May 1998 to conduct a nuclear power test and became successful despite opposition from several world powers, including the USA.
- India overcame various sanctions imposed by certain superpowers of the world under his leadership.
- Atal Ji made earnest efforts to establish peace with Pakistan by visiting Pakistan in a Bus in February 1999. But when Pakistan betrayed India’s trust, India Armed Forces defeated Pakistan in the Kargil War in 1999.
- Under his leadership, India undertook the most comprehensive review of the system managing India’s national security (both internal security and external security). A separate Border Management Department was established and a Defence Intelligence Unit was created under Vajpayee’s leadership.
Read More – Top 5 Pocket- Friendly Hair Wax for men
- He made successful efforts to marginalize separatism and militancy in Jammu & Kashmir and brought normalcy and peace in the state. Free and fair elections were conducted in Jammu and Kashmir for the first time after many decades.
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee unveiled the National Highway Development Project (NHDP) to construct world-class highways in India.
- Government in his leadership, build digital connectivity in the country which ushered in a reform-oriented telecom sector and IT policies which boosted Internet and Mobile services in India.
- He started Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan, a flagship programme for achieving universal Elementary Education.
- Atal Ji ensured a harmonious relationship between the Centre and the States through a carefully cultivated mutuality of confidence.
- India promoted friendship and cooperation with all the major power blocks and countries of the world. Under his leadership, India’s relationship with the USA became broader and deeper.
Have a news story, an interesting write-up or simply a suggestion? Write to us at email@example.com