8 things that will make your IAS preparation easy
Clearing civil exam is not an easy task. A lot of hard work, time, and patients are required to clear the civil examination. One of the most prestigious exams, civil services, is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission. It also conducts a number of exams fill –in various civil service vacancies for the government of India.
Understanding Indian Administrative Service Exam
The UPSC conducts the Civil Service Examination which is popularly known as IAS (India Administrative Service) exam. It is conducted in two phases: 1- UPSC Prelims and 2 – UPSC mains. The prelims exam consist of objective questions whereas mains need descriptive and essay –type answering.
How to crack it? Tricks that will help you to do an effective preparation
- It is not an exaggerated fact that IAS is nation’s toughest competitive exam and it calls for intensive practice. You cannot prepare for it overnight. So, practice is important
- Understand the difference between Quality and Quantity: For IAS preparation, one has to understand that quality is required not quantity
- Usually, top rankers start preparing for their school days because a lot of questions are asked from class 6 to 12 standard books.
- No one can tell you how much time you should devote to your studies. But if we talk generally devoting 10 to 12 hours before a year exam is believed to happen is sufficient
- Are you familiar with the word called “catabolism”?If you have studied biology you would know it. It is a process in which original products are broken down into their by-products. In a similar way, you should outline the subjects and prepare them according to your grip on that particular subject
- No doubt the syllabus of IAS is in bulk, but you should not get scared of it. If you will divide subjects into chunks, then the impossible looking task will become easier for you.
- Keep stress at bay: Do not get stressed. Take breaks and enjoy the process of learning
- Do not compromise on your health: Health is wealth and you should not compromise on it. Take proper sleep and eat healthy food, then only you will be able to grasp the concepts quickly.