Here are 10-pointer winter action plan listed by the AAP to keep a check on pollution
As winter approaches in the national capital Delhi, pollution soars to a severe level every year. Many factors contribute to the deterioration of air quality. Therefore, Delhi Chief Minister Kejriwal also expressed his concern over this issue. In a press conference, he released a 10-pointer winter action plan to tackle the rising pollution in Delhi.
Kejriwal also targets the Central Government for the least contribution in curbing pollution in Delhi. Instead of playing the blame game, the Delhi government came up with various solutions.
Here are 10-pointer winter action plan listed by the AAP government to keep a check on winter pollution this year:
Delhi Govt का Winter Action Plan तैयार!
Air Pollution को नियंत्रित करने के लिए 10 Focus Points पर चलाया जाएगा जन अभियान!
— AAP (@AamAadmiParty) October 4, 2021
- Stubble-burning: During winters, farmers indulge in the practice of stubble burning. With help of the Pusa Institute, AAP brought a solution to pollution. They have prepared a decomposer that will eliminate the need to burn stubble once sprayed on the crop. The Delhi government has also decided to spray it free in Punjab and other states.
- Anti-dust campaign: 75 teams will be formed to keep an eye on those who are violating the government’s dust pollution norms and survey the national capital.
- Stoppage on garbage burning: 250 teams will be specifically deployed for this purpose.
- Ban on cracker firing: Concern over the rising pollution in the city leads to ban on crackers.
- Smoke towers installation: As per the AAP government, Smoke towers installed in Delhi are giving a positive
- response. Therefore, the installation of more such towers is dependent on the further analysis report.
- Pollution hotspots: Monitoring of pollution hotspots will be done by using apps.
- Green war room: CM Kejriwal said that 50 environmentalists are employed to strengthen the green war room.
- Green Delhi App: This app enables the public to file a complaint against those who are violating anti-pollution norms. It will be under constant monitoring.
- Eco Waste Park: The AAP Government has allotted 20 acres of land to construct Eco water parks. Such a park will be utilized by scientific and environmentally safe dismantling, recycling, refurbishing, and disposal of electronic waste in the city.
- Vehicular pollution: In the national capital, vehicles contribute to most of the pollution. Hence, to curb this, 64 congestion points are identified to regulate the traffic. Pollution Under Control Certificate will be intensified and the crackdown on diesel vehicles older than 10 years will be escalated.
Before listing the 10-point approach, CM Kejriwal also briefed about the work done by the Delhi government to bring the pollution level down in Delhi
- Due to frequent power cuts under the previous government rules, people were dependent mostly on diesel generators for electricity. Therefore, the Kejriwal government has facilitated 24-hour electricity to minimize the use of generators.
- Construction sites are under constant monitoring to bring down dust pollution levels in Delhi.
- Western and eastern peripherals expressways have regularized the movement of trucks in Delhi to a major extent.
- 2 coal-fired thermal plants were also shut down.
- 100% conversion of industries to PNG.
- Several trees were cut down in Delhi for various construction projects. Therefore, a policy related to tree transplantation will be introduced to tackle such a situation.
- Green Delhi service is available for those who want to lodge complaints.
- Green war room: Green war rooms are made to monitor pollution levels. These rooms are equipped with high-end technology, real-time pollution data, NASA-ISRO images of stubble burning, and hotspot conditions.
- On the direction of the Supreme Court, Graded Response Action was implemented.
- Electric Vehicle Policy is also implemented in the city.
Every year the AAP government comes up with plenty of ideas to curb pollution. The Odd-Even scheme, Smoke tower installation are some of the schemes that were introduced regarding this issue.
Now, people are hoping high for a pollution-free breath this winter.