Are you waiting around looking for a perfect holiday? Well, let me break this to you, it might never come. So, be impromptu and plan a trip to the closest place you can.
This is how a trip was planned to McLeod Ganj by me and my friends. After an uncomfortable, overnight bus journey we reached Dharmshala from where we took a cab to McLeod Ganj (a 15 minutes ride). Here are a few things that you can, rather, you have to do there-
· Stay at a cheap hotel so that you save up on more money to travel and eat
· Eat at cafes! This place has some of the best cafes which provide yummy and cheap food. To name a few- Nick’s Italian Kitchen, Pancakes and Crepe, Jimmy’s Italian Kitchen, Shiva Cafe and more.
· Try new cuisines. This place also has places which offer Korean dishes, Japanese Dishes, Tibetan Dishes and so much more to fill your stomach.
· Trek! Trek to Dal lake, Dharamkot and Bhagsu falls while enjoying the scenic beauty.
· If you have enough time, trek to Triund Hills
· Go for some mediation, yoga or cooking classes
· Talk to the locals and get to know more about the rich culture of the place
· Shop for handicrafts
· And obviously, enjoy the peace and calm the place offers.