8 signs that will give you hint for pregnancy!
Well, becoming mother is an ultimate feeling in this entire world. Nothing can match it. Isn’t it? Period of pregnancy is full of ups and downs. One might experience mood swings, nausea etc. Most of us in this generationhave grown up with faint memories of epic dialogues like ‘khatta khane ka man kar rahhai’ , ‘paaonbhariho gayahai’ in our Hindi movies. Do you remember scenes when heroines used rush to the washroom to puke and the entire family used get into a celebration mode. This is how pregnancy is predicted and announced in our movies. This is not applicable in real world by the way. It is limited to our Hindi cinema only.
Related : 9 Indian Foods to avoid during pregnancy
Well, being a little filmy is nice, but with pregnancy, it is suggested to listen to the science prophecy too. After all motherhood is not just a joyous feeling, it is a crucial phase as well. The expecting mother should know everything about this development right from the beginning so that nothing goes wrong.
Here are few signs that might let you know that life is growing in you! Take a look:
1. Missed menstruation cycle: This is one the common signs of pregnancy. Some early pregnancy symptoms can be observed around the time one misses a monthly menstruation cycle or a week or two later. 70% women experience early pregnancy signs by the time they are 6 weeks along. It is an easy sign to observe, especially if you are pretty regular on your periods
2. Light blood or blood spots: When you are planning a pregnancy, the last thing you would like to spot is vaginal bleeding. Nothing to worry! Just around the time when you are expecting your period, if you see light spotting, it could be implantation bleeding. Reasons unknown, the common belief says that it happens due to the fertilized egg settling into the lining of the uterus. However, one must also keep it in mind, spotting happens during the first trimester. But sometimes it’s a symptom of miscarriage. So, it’s a strong advice to consult a doctor.
3. Love for certain foods: Just few weeks in pregnancy, you might develop a strong dislike to certain flavours, especially like coffee, cheese or meat. Do not worry, it is natural. You might start hating on the temporary basis. There are some specific aromas which can set off gag reflex. The food aversion varies from person to person. Some even tend to dislike their most relished foods. The reasons are not known yet completely, but it is thought to be due to sudden and fast-escalating estrogen amounts in the system. Some might love to eat chillies and some are more interested in sweet.
4. Nausea: Again it is person specific. While few experience morning sickness as early as two weeks, while for others nausea does not hit until about a month or two after conception. At the same time, pregnancy related nausea is not just about morning, it can be a problem during noon and night too.
5. Erratic moods: If you see there is a sudden change in your mental/emotional state and you are having tremendous mood swings without reason, you might be on the family way. This happens partly due to the hormonal changes that affect neurotransmitters. Mothers usually went through mood swings while they are pregnant.
6. Bloating of stomach: Your regular jean which was fitting well till a couple of weeks back, is now sitting tight on your waist. You notice abdominal bloating and it is not due to hogging or weight gain. It is because of life in you. Blame the hormonal changes. Chances are high you have conceived. Some women experience abdominal bloating just before the periods.
7. High body temperature: There is an elevation in your basal body temperature and it stays for 18 days in a row, looks like, you are in the process of motherhood.
Cherish your motherhood phase ladies because when little one comes into your arm it will give you unmatchable feeling!
Have a news story, an interesting write-up or simply a suggestion? Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org