List of 8 Blockbuster Bollywood Biopics that you shouldn’t miss
Parineeti Chopra is shining in Saina Nehwal’s biopic and getting praised by the critics. The film is slated to release on March 26, 2021. Parineeti is definitely on a roll. After delivering a power-packed performance as Meera Kapoor in The Girl on the Train, she is back onscreen as Saina Nehwal with a bang. The film Saina is full of emotions and inspiring AF and we have to admit it is one of the best performances of Parineeti Chopra. But this is not the first biopic that is getting a lot of praise. Bollywood has delivered many inspiring biopics in the past that are worth a watch. We have compiled a list of 8 Blockbuster Bollywood Biopics that you must watch. Without any further delay, let us take a look at the list.
1. MS Dhoni – The Untold Story: It is one of the most loved and cherished biopics ever made in Bollywood. Starring Sushant Singh Rajput, the film went on to become the biggest blockbuster of 2016. The film showcased the life story of legendary player MS Dhoni.
2. Super 30: Directed by Vikas Bahl, the film is based on mathematician teacher Anand Kumar and his education program of the same name. Starring Hrithik Roshan and Mrunal Thakur in the lead roles, the film is worth a watch. It has the right emotions and an inspiring storyline.
3. Mary Kom: We have to say nobody could have portrayed Marry Kom better than Priyanka Chopra. After all, Chopra girls are the best. The film was produced by Sanjay Leela Bhansali in collaboration with Viacom 18 Motion pictures. The film depicts Kom’s journey of becoming a boxer and winning the World Boxing Championship in the year 2008. The film has beautifully depicted how a woman juggles between her dreams and family.
4. Sarbjit: Based on the true story of Sarabjit Singh, an Indian man who was sentenced to death by the Supreme Court of Pakistan who spent 22 years in jail allegedly for spying and terrorism. The film was premiered at the 69th Cannes Festival. Sarbjit had a terrific cast ensemble – from Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Randeep Hooda to Richa Chadda, the film took us on an emotional ride where a sister fights for her brother till the last breath.
5. Sanju: It was hard not to give this film a mention on this list. Starring Ranbir Kapoor, Sonam Kapoor, and Vicky Kaushal in pivotal roles, the film gave us a sneak peek into the controversial life of Sanjay Dutt. Sanjay’s high – lows and his bond with his father, the film served all and went on to become the highest-grossing film of the year 2018. Ranbir Kapoor was at his best in the film. Be it looks, acting or even dialogues, he delivered his best.
6. Neerja: Sonam Kapoor proved her mettle as a fine actor in Neerja. The film was based on the real-life story of Neerja Bhanot, who died trying to save the lives of 359 passengers on Pan Am Flight 73 in Karachi, Pakistan (which was hijacked). The film released in the year 2016 and Sonam was highly praised by the audience and critics.
7. Dangal: Without Mr Perfectionist of Bollywood, our list cannot be completed. Based on the inspiring journey of a dedicated father, Mahavir Phogat, who leaves no stone unturned in making his daughter a wrestler, Dangal inspired us to work hard. Starring Aamir Khan and Sakshi Tanwar in lead roles, the film smashed all the records on the box office. The film garnered a lot of love from all across the world.
8. Shakuntala Devi: The film was released during the pandemic on the OTT platforms and watching Vidya Balan onscreen after a long time was quite refreshing. It traced the life of a mathematician Shakuntla Devi who was also known as Human-Computer. Vidya Balan pulled off the role like a boss and left the critics impressed.
If you haven’t watched these films, you should watch them right away! The weekend is around the corner, why don’t you just plan to watch them?
Have a news story, an interesting write-up or simply a suggestion? Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org