Couples get married according to their rituals and customs that are, but we bring you some couples who think out the box when it comes to saying ‘I DO’. Here we take a look at some of the unusual wedding celebrations from around the world.
1) In a mini-marathon marking the beginning of the New Year, grooms run with their brides on their backs in Sanya situated in South China’s Hainan province.
Mini marathon, celebrating the new year
2) In Tokyo, a couple named Tomohiro Shibata and Satoko Inoue are married by a humanoid robot called “I-Fairy”.
Couple married by a humanoid robot
3) In China’s Liuzhou, Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region, Fang Jing hangs off a cliff next to her husband as they get clicked.
Fang Jing and her husband hangs off a cliff to mark their day
4) Japan’s kemi Kito and Hiroshi Matsuoka exchanged vows inside a chapel made purely of ice at the ‘Igloo Village’ situated at Lake Shikaribetsu on the northern island of Hokkaido.
5) In the Palawan city of western Philippines, Joey Bayo and his wife Lea plant a sapling soon after their wedding.
6) At the Hebei province in China, a couple named Kong Qingyang and Shen Likun sit on a forklift-turned-wedding car to celebrate their wedding day.
7) In Mexico, a couple named Marisela Matienzo and Carlos Munoz got married at McDonald’s.
Mexican couple gets married at McDonalds