How did these inspirational and amazing female characters on OTT platforms that had a huge impact on the viewers?
Women are ruling the film, television, and digital space today with their strong roles. The web series domain has created tremendous space for female-centric shows. Women have shaken the Indian psyche through their interesting roles. The female characters coming from different walks of life have touched society with their progressive outlook.
Here we are talking about such characters who have been brought to life by stellar actresses with their stellar performances and brilliance and created a special place in the hearts of the audience.
1. Samantha Akkineni as Raji in The Family Man 2: She played the role of Raji in Family Man 2 and her performance was widely appreciated by the audiences. Her character is dark, unabashed, unapologetic, and extremely strong-headed. The actor also faced a lot of criticism for being brown-faced as well.
2. Pooja Bhatt as Rani in Bombay Begum: Rani (Pooja Bhatt) is leading the Royal Bank of Bombay. She is at a good stage in her career and has a happy marriage, but still, it seems something is missing. His step-children do not like her and even in professional life, people are pulling her behind like sharks. Pooja Bhatt is brilliant in the show. The most emotional scenes of the series are between her and her step-daughter Shai. Bhatt shows pain and helplessness, but still, the strength of her character does not diminish.
3. Sushmita Sen as Aarya in Aarya: Sushmita Sen has played a good inning after a long time. There is natural acting with utter spontaneity and simplicity. She has done wonders in the avatar of a mother who understands and solves the intricacies of the business. A good start to her second innings. The entire story is woven with Arya Sarin (Sushmita Sen) at the center. Arya is extremely happy with her husband Tej Sareen (Chandrachur Singh). Her world revolves around her three children. Her performance was widely appreciated by the audience.
4. Shefali Shah as Vartika Chaturvedi in Delhi Crime: The film received praise from all over for its realistic portrayal of the 2012 Delhi rape case and the stellar performance by actress Shefali Shah. In this film, Shefali plays the role of a police officer who puts rapists behind bars. Shefali has become such a police officer who along with her work fulfills her duties towards her family and especially her daughter. As a police officer, Shefali has displayed strong acting showing many emotions like strength, perseverance, love, etc.
5. Sobhita Dhulipala as Tara Khanna in Made in Heaven: Sobhita Dhulipala has grabbed headlines with her stellar role in Amazon Prime’s wedding series Made in Heaven. She plays the character of a woman who is in conflict between her professional and personal life. Amidst fighting marital infidelity and lack of basic security, her character Tara’s conflict emerges.
6. Huma Qureshi as Shalini in Leila: Huma has received a lot of praise for playing this character. Huma has broken the stereotype through this character. Huma Qureshi is in a serious and powerful role in Leila. Huma has touched acting heights with this character. In this character, Huma fulfills the character of a mother searching for her daughter while fighting the issues of authoritarian rule, religious division, and environmental crisis. She plays her character with utmost honesty.
In the fictional world of Aryavarta, a terrifying and somewhat realistic future, Leela battles undesirable situations and horrifying experiences. His fight worries you and leaves you in search of answers.
7. Rasika Duggal as Beena Tripathi in Mirzapur: It would not be wrong if it is called Rasika’s most epic role so far. Rasika has played the role of ‘Beena’, wife of ‘Kaleen Bhaiya’ of ‘Mirzapur’. She is unapologetic and bold and played the role of a wife is simply great and beyond amazing.