Eat well to stay well in this gas chamber aka Delhi!
Delhi has become a gas chamber due to its worst air quality. People are unable to breath. Eat healthy food in Delhi smog and maybe you can survive the week. It is the kind of weather where you would have to get an air purifier to make life better. But while you are taking precautions and staying home, make sure you eat the right things to keep your lungs healthy.
Here are 7 things you must eat to avoid falling sick :
1. Tulsi : Best herb that can cure you in this season. This is the time when you would regret not keeping a Tulsi plant on your balcony. The plant not just purifies the air but also helps in soothing your throat irritation. Not to forget that the long-term consumption purifies blood and boosts your immunity.
2. Lots of water: More than any food you eat, you need to make sure that you have at least 2 litres of water a day. Water will wash down any toxin that entered your body during your time out in this pollution. So make sure you always have a bottle on your side. So always keep a bottle with you.
3. Lemon: Have warm ginger and lemon tea every time you feel any kind of irritation in your throat. It would work better if you quit smoking for a while. Lemon is rich in Vitamin C and will help build your immunity.
4. Turmeric: Another item to add in your list is turmeric. For everyone who has any type of gastro-oesophageal disorder, turmeric is one of the best condiment to rely on. Eat a spoonful of haldi or get turmeric tablets and incorporate them into your schedule. Do consult your physician once though. Curcumin is the ingredient you need from turmeric and it works differently for everyone.
5. Akhrot: While your lungs are directly at risk with the surging pollution, your heart needs attention too. In order to avoid congestion and intensification of an existing condition, eat walnuts and almonds. It will lower your cholesterol and work towards keeping your heart safe. Add akhrots in your diet from now onwards.
6. Ginger: The gharelu nuskas for cold always had adrak in the recipe. The reason is quite simple. It has been used for thousands of years for medicinal purposes. Possible health benefits include relieving nausea, loss of appetite, motion sickness, and pain. This time this desi nuska will save you.
7. Honey: Honey helps to heal the stomach, pancreas and lungs. Even though honey is a sugar, it is loaded with nutrients, enzymes and minerals, so you get more than just a sweet flavour. Honey is good for the lining of your internal organs and hence should find space in your staple diet.
Have a news story, an interesting write-up or simply a suggestion? Write to us at email@example.com