Pack your bags and get ready for road trips in India
To explore and discover the life across different places, road trips are the best ways to do so. Whether in the East, West, North or South, India offers you a plenitude of roads and destinations that make for an enthralling road trip.
Be it on an expedition of Ladakh or the lush valleys of North-east or the arid deserts of Rajasthan, you can always find a myriad list of road trips in India.
Amongst all such road trips, here are the 7 most amazing road trips to take:
1.Manali to Leh Highway:Words cannot capture the beauty of road trip from Manali to Leh. People must have remembered Kareena Kapoor dancing to “ Yeh Ishq Hai”. How much fun can it be to cruise the road in all its snowy glory on a bullet or an open jeep?
Distance: Almost 480 km
Time: It’s a 2 days journey with one stopover for rest.
Best time to visit: The road is open for about 5 months a year mostly during summers and mid-October.
2.Bombay to Goa:It is a pleasant trip through the NH17 that runs parallel to the western coast of India, the main motive of this trip is to the confluence of a myriad of cultures and traditions.
Time: 10 hr
Best time to visit: September–March
3. Bangalore to Pondicherry: If you want to treat yourself with the peace and serenity that prevails in this French Colony of the past.
Time: it takes almost 6 to 7 hr
Best time to visit: Winter months
4. Mumbai to Mount Abu: If you want some peace from your metropolitan life. The beautiful route from Mumbai to Mount-Abu passes from urban towns to the hilly terrain and this will fascinate the traveler in you. You can experience the three different cultures along the way Maharashtra, Gujarat and Rajasthan.
Distance: 765 kilometres
Time: 12 to 14 hr
Best time to visit: July–October
5. Delhi to Shimla: Somewhere in our hearts we believe that nothing can beat the beauty of a road trip on the hills. The soft cottony clouds and the great expanse of Himalayas blend in the most endearing route and the chilly winds can make you experience the best.
Distance: almost 358 km
Time: 6 to 7 hr
Best time to visit: March to June
6. Ahmadabad to Kutch:A trip to the white salt desert, Kutch the beautiful landscapes, gorge on lip-smacking food and witness the exquisite art and culture of Gujarat while riding past the unique huts lining the roads from Ahmedabad. Make sure to visit the Wild Ass Sanctuary in Kutch, home to over 3,000 wild asses, Chari-Dhand, which are a bird watcher’s heaven and the nearby Hodko Village to buy exquisite handicrafts.
Distance: 400 km
Time: 11 to 12 hr
Best time to go: October–March
7. Shillong to Cherrapunjee :This trip has a lot to offer from drizzles, waterfalls, caves, villages and a beautiful view from your window. You will find stops for food along the way.
Distance: almost 54km
Best time to visit: all 12 months are good to visit
Have a news story, an interesting write-up or simply a suggestion? Write to us at email@example.com