Howdy Modi Event and a roaring audience: Here are 10 important highlights
Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed 50,000 Indian-American audiences packed NSG stadium on Sunday at “Howdy Modi” event in Houston, Texas. The President of the US Donald Trump was also present at the event along with congress senators, representatives of both conservative and Democratic parties. More than 400 artists performed a multitude of cultural shows. Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi and the US President Donald Trump, both addressed the thousands of Indian-American and lauded each other for their work in respective countries. Here are the top10 highlights of the “Howdy Modi” event which was watched by millions of Indians online and on TV.
1. The mega-event was organized by the non-profit Texas India Forum, with the tagline“Shared Dreams, Bright Future”. The event reflected the tremendous contribution of Indo-Americans in the United States.
2. The slogan of “Mandir Wahi Banega” and chants of “Modi Modi” was soaring all around the stadium. Audiences were cheering the Indian Prime Minister on his every word.
3. Prime Minister introduced the American President at the event. While introducing, PM declared America and President Trump a great friend of India. He also said that he was privileged that he got to introduce the American President. Modi said that Trump has introduced him in the past, and now, he has got the opportunity to introduce the US President. Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi also said that US President is one of the most prominent people in World-Politics currently.
4. Narendra Modi spoke in various Indian regional languages of India. He said, “The answer of ‘Howdy Modi’ doesn’t limit only to Modi, it ranges to India, and ‘everything is great’ in India.He spoke “Everything is fine” in Hindi, English, Punjabi, Gujrati, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada and Bengali one after another. People present at the event cheered after every different language recitation.
5. President Trump congratulated PM Modi for registering record win in Lok Sabha Election earlier this year. PM is response said that it was the first time in 60 years that a government after getting majority returned with more seats in the next election.
6. M Modi said that time has come for a decisive battle against terrorism. He said that it’s time for a decisive battle against terrorism and those who support or promote terrorism. He also stressed on the fact that the American President is together in this fight. He asked for a standing ovation for Donald Trump.
7. India is determined to become a 5 trillion dollar economy in the next five years, PM Modi said.
8. While speaking on Article 370, he said that Article 370 prevented people of J&K and Ladakh from development. Terrorists were misusing article 370. After changes in Article 370, J&K and Ladakh have the same rights as the rest of India.
9. Donald Trump said that India and Narendra Modi is a great friend of the USA and USA loves India. Indian companies are investing millions of dollars in the USA which is strengthening the economic ties between the two countries. This is the reciprocal result of what American companies are doing in India. He said that India and USA are committed to protecting innocent civilians from radical Islamic terrorism. He also said that both countries must protect borders to keep the communities safe. A joint space operation and several defence deals are on the cards. He asked PM Modi if he is invited for NBA match in Mumbai and once PM Modi nodded, he cracked, ‘he might come’. The unemployment rate in Indian- American is on a record low level at 33 per cent. It is incredible that India has lifted millions from poverty.The United States and India will make the future brighter than ever: Donald Trump
10. The event was a mega- success as more than 50, 000 people were present at the NSG Stadium, Houston. There were thousands of people who didn’t get seats to see Prime Minister Modi at the event because all the seats were full. PM while addressing the people at the stadium, apologized to those people who were not able to get seats in the stadium. Home Minister Amit Shah declared the event as a historic moment as two leaders from the biggest democratic countries were meeting at the venue.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi arrived in New York Sunday night (according to US time) and will be taking part in the 74th session of the UN General Assembly. He has a packed bilateral and multi-lateral agenda over the next five days. PM will give nine key speeches at high-level summits and plurilateral engagements during the UN General Assembly session and on its sidelines. About 75 Heads of State and Foreign Minister will be meeting Prime Minister and foreign minister S Jaishankar.
Have a news story, an interesting write-up or simply a suggestion? Write to us at email@example.com