Wind Chimes and its enriched history!
Well, undoubtedly wind chimes bring positivity and harmony to your place. In many Asian cultures, wind chimes do more than provide background music for a windy day. From Bali to Tibet to Japan, people have been hanging wind chimes for centuries not only as a decoration but more significantly, as a way to calm the mind and awaken the spirit. Wind Chimes signifies positivity. Hanging it your place will give you an immense peace. Ancient Chinese kings also knew that music and different tones can bring people’s inner feelings and external behavior into balance, so wind chimes and their charms could bring peace to an entire nation. Chinese philosophers, astronomers, and mathematicians have spent years searching for the perfect pitch at which to set their wind chimes. So if you also want to invite happiness to your place, buy it today!
Magical effects of wind chimes:
1) Tranquility: In a tense period, the sound of wind chimes can promote relaxation and a willingness to listen, understand and cooperate. Instead of letting an argument escalate, allow yourself exposure to the composing and calming effects of wind chimes. Wind chimes soothe and quiet anger while inspiring peace and restfulness. Yes, believe it or not, it actually controls aggression.
2 De-stress: Stress is eating a lot of people day by day. So, it’s really important to reduce the stress on your life. Everyone that stress effects in both psychological and physiological ways, and is at the root of many of our modern ailments. In such a fast-paced world as ours, using wind chimes to decorate the porch can dissolve moods of anxiety. Instead of continuing to allow distressing thoughts plague you, let go and relax to the sound of wind chimes.
3) Re-energize: After a long day (or long weeks) of work, wind chimes can help you to relax and rejuvenate. When work or life has fatigued you, the sound of wind chimes can resolve your problems. The resonance and vibration of sound release lethargy and infuse the mind with energy.
4) Restore the balance of “Qi”: Feng shui refers to the fundamental elements of the earth’s energy, which is known as “qi.” The positive flow of qi brings a happy, healthy life, whereas the negative flow of “qi” can bring destruction and bad luck. The Chinese believe that wind chimes can enhance the flow of positive qi while allaying the flow of negative “qi.” The sound has the power to connect us with our environment, and when we hear the tinkle of wind chimes, we are reminded of the need for our own harmony with nature, while, at the same time, we block out those man-made noises like car horns and construction.
People often hang wind chimes in their houses so that they can experience much-needed peace. The gently tinkling music of wind chimes in a soft breeze is meant to relax all within earshot. It is believed that one should hang wind chimes indoors, where they will amplify the good energy of the home, especially near a fan or open window. Glass, pottery, metal tubes, recycled household objects and hollow plants all make musical and ornamental indoor wind chimes. Hang a wind chime just inside the front door to welcome guests and announce your entrance when you come home. Basically, it should be hung at the windows or at the main entrance.
What is “Garden Therapy”?
Nowadays wind chimes are also used in “Garden Therapy.” Are you wondering what does it mean? Sound vibrates the air, which stimulates chi energy. The sound stimulated by wind chimes suppresses the bad chi energies and revitalizes with the good chi energy. Wind chimes look very enhancing hung in the classic places in the garden like on the branch of a tree. The tone is intended to purify and cleanse the energy, so choose chimes carefully for their clarity and sweetness of tone.
- Choose the type of material of which wind chime is made of
- Determine the direction of your home or garden to hang wind chimes
Wind Chimes comes in varieties too!
Wind chimes should be hung correctly if you want them to work to the best of their owner. If you want to experience its positivity you have to careful with its directions. Silver or copper, bamboo or wooden, ceramic or glass – wind chimes are always pleasant and useful when used as Feng Shui cure against possible negative influences of environmental forces.
- Metal wind chimes are generally used to attract good fortune for homes and offices; they also slow down energies in your building or property. Wind chimes made of metal such as steel, aluminum, copper, brass, and bronze are especially potent in the metal element areas (Northwest and West) and water element areas (North) because water is produced by metal in the five elements theory.
- Bamboo wind chimes reeds make a gentle, clacking sound when they hit each other and are especially prized for deflecting bad energy and for enhancing calm and a sense of security and well-being. This makes them ideal wind chimes for a child’s bedroom, where their soft music is soothing and comforting. They work best if placed in the east (wood area), south (fire area, because wood produces fire) and southeast areas of the house.
- Ceramic wind chimes are used as a real showpiece in your garden or yard, go with a ceramic wind chime. The styles and designs are truly unique without costing too much. It can be used in the Northeast (knowledge luck), Southwest (love and romance luck) and center (health luck) sectors of the home. Those are the Earth energy sectors.
Directions to Place your Wind Chimes
After selecting the material of your wind chimes it comes to directions. Position chimes according to their material in the correct sections of the Bagua — the energy map for interiors. Hang metal chimes indoors in the west and northwest, the metal areas of your home. Bamboo chimes work best in the southern, southeastern and eastern areas of your house. Ceramic or pottery chimes can ring out in the west, northwest, southwest, and northeast.
For the best effect, choose the wind chimes with suitable size to your space. Selecting a chime that corresponds to the element of the area is another important consideration. For instance, the Southeast and East are associated with tree or wood energy, therefore using wood chimes is considered the most effective way to activate the energy of chi in this area.
- Hang a wind chime in an area where there are more than two doors in a straight line
- You should not hang the wind chimes in a way where people sit, work, eat or stand underneath it regularly. This can cause head injuries and other illnesses and accidents. Hang wind chimes in the direction where your front door faces on either side of your front door.
- Always tie wooden or bamboo wind chimes in gardens, as metal chimes if tied in the trees or garden may cause the positive elements to clash
The right kind of wind chimes placed in right directions have benefits like
- Attracts Prosperity & Wealth
- Reduces Depression
- Eliminates Laziness
Wind Chimes harmonize the atmosphere! So, what you guys are waiting for? Go and get one for your house as well.
Have a news story, an interesting write-up or simply a suggestion? Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org