Both happiness and money bring a feeling of contentment and fulfillment. The two things conflict each other and seems to have no common connection.
Happiness and money are intertwined. Money brings a sense of authority and comfort, thereby giving rise to a happy feeling.
But the irony of the situation is that more money does not bring more happiness and this renders the relation between money and happiness a complex one.
Detangling the difficult association of happiness and money is a tall order. Oneworldnews sincerely attempts to reason it out.
• Today’s world is a world of materialism and the sole and only criteria of gaining happiness and prosperity is by money. Therefore, the parentheses of “the more the better” aptly describe money. Since ancient times, the good old saying tells you that ‘the more money you have the more you want it’. This transient feeling gives solace and comfort but fails to bring long-lasting happiness. This momentary joy fades away shortly and brings no substantial happiness.
• Human nature is unable to be satisfied at any particular point.
At one moment it appears to be satiated but the very next moment, it starts craving for more. The happiness brought by money is short-lived and makes you crave for more money.
• Lack of money in one’s life too is very damaging. Low finances bring misery, unhappiness and depression. Sustaining on meager cash and toiling for every penny are bound to retard your happiness.
• Do happiness and money meet? Happiness and money vary from person to person. It is entirely up to you to draw the line. ‘This is where I want to have happiness and this is where I want to lead a peaceful life instead of following the madness of running after acquiring more and more money.’
• Happiness therefore, does not depend upon money entirely; it definitely is affected by money. Happiness can be obtained by trivial things as well such as sharing food, helping others, etc. It completely depends on the way you comprehend happiness and what really comforts you.
• It is up to you to figure out what joy means for you and whether you require oodles of money to get happiness. People can find happiness in living a content life with positivity and enjoy every moment of life.