Is Vegetable Juice a healthier replacement for vegetables?
A lot us don’t like eating vegetables on a regular basis. If you are not much of a vegetable lover, then you can opt for vegetable juices.
According to Standford Medicine Cancer Institute, a cup of carrot juice contains most of the same nutrients as you will get from eating about five cups of chopped carrots. But is vegetable juice perfect replacement of vegetables.
Well. Vegetable juice has plenty of vegetable vitamins and minerals, but it contains less amount of fibre in it.
Now, let us understand the benefits of fibre. Enough fibre in the diet may reduce the risk of constipation, high blood pressure, and weight gain.
Here are few things that you should keep in mind when you opt vegetable juice over vegetables:
- Well, vegetable juices are low in fat and calories; however, they can still provide you with some essential nutrients such Vitamin A and Vitamin C.
- When you juice any vegetable, the machine tends separate pulp from it and separating pulp from a vegetable means discarding the fibre content from it. Fibre keeps our bowel movement regular, it stabilizes blood sugar.
- If you don’t like eating vegetables, then you can definitely have vegetable juice. By vegetable juice we mean freshly made juice at home and not the packaged one which is loaded with a lot of harmful preservatives that can adversely affect your health.
- Notably, we will suggest having both of them. You can switch to reap the benefits of vegetable as well as the benefits of vegetable juice.
- Especially, people who are trying to lose weight should include veggies more in their diet for amazing benefits.
Have a news story, an interesting write-up or simply a suggestion? Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org