Election commission has announced election dates for five states
Finally the election commission has today announced the election dates for five states. It has announced that counting of votes for assembly elections in Uttar Pradesh, Punjab, Uttarakhand, Manipur and Goa will be on Marc h 11th.
According to reports, the election commission while announcing the schedule of elections said that it was examining a representation from various political parties with regard to presentation of the Union budget of February 1,ahead of polling in these states.
Notably, the elections in the five states to be held between 4th February and March 8th and the counting will take place on March 11th.
Here are five things that you should know about the much – awaited state elections
- EC has received one representation sent by some political parties in the regards of presentation on Union Budget and EC is expected to take a call on it
- On the other hand, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley believes that there will be no impact of budget on the elections.
- Notably, Congress and several other parties had written to president Pranab Mukherjee and requested that budget presentation should happen after the polls
- A lot of drama has been already in Uttar Pradesh. As the Samajwadi Party witnessed the major spilt before New Year. And the tussle in the party is still going on
- Elections of 2017 will be big in every aspect because it will be the exam time for the national party. As BJP will contest the such a big poll after Note ban
Now, union budget representation is the major thing in the elections. But finance minister has pointed out that budget will not impact the elections because an interim budget was presented by the Union government.