Things you should know about ‘Budget father’ Arun Jaitley
Finance Minister Arun Jaitley is one of the top most educated politicians in our country. He is very much close to Prime Minister Narendra Modi as well. One of the biggest BJP leaders of his generation, Mr. Arun Jaitley is known for his oratory skill and clear views on every political topic. We have collected some interesting facts about Arun Jaitley about which you may not know. Check the list below.
Here are some lesser known facts about him, take a look!
1. Arun Jaitley was a brilliant student during his college life. He completed his graduation in Commerce from Shri Ram College and Graduated in Law from Delhi University. He has earned two respected degrees.
2. During this time he discovered his interest in politics and became president of Student Union in Delhi University. During emergency he went to jail and met many BJP leaders who liked his opinion and oratory skills.
3. After coming out of jail Arun Jaitley joined Jan Sangh and became Delhi President of ABVP and also All India Secretary of ABVP. He was a perfect politician during that time too.
4. When BJP was formed he became its Youth Wing President in 1980. He got an opportunity to showcase his talent to the world. From 1980 to early 90s BJP was struggling to become the main stream political party in India. Under Atal and Advani, BJP was working hard and Arun Jaitley was given task to transform youth brigade of BJP into mature politicians.
5. This was not the end. He was also practicing at Supreme Court of India and soon became a prominent Lawyer of the country.
6. In 1999, when Atal Led NDA came into power he was made Minister of State and held important portfolios like Law and Justice, Information and Broadcasting and also Minister of State for Disinvestment. He remained one of the most trusted aides of Atal Bihar Vajpayee who promoted him to Cabinet rank only after a year.
7. Arun Jaitley proved his worth very well. He became chief strategist of BJP after death of Pramod Mahajan and Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s retirement. He became the voice of BJP in Rajya Sabha and in 2009 he became Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha.
8. He was chief Strategy planner of BJP for 2014 election and was one of the reasons for massive victory.
9. In 2014, he contested direct election for the first time but lost to Congress Leader Amrindar Singh from Amritsar seat.
10. He loves cricket. He has also served as Vice President of BCCI before resigning in 2014.
Have a news story, an interesting write-up or simply a suggestion? Write to us at