Be a morning bird rather than night owl! 10 health benefits that only early risers enjoy
“Early to bed early to rise”. You must have come across this phrase during your school time. Waking up early may seem difficult, especially when the voice inside your head is telling you to stay in the embrace of your warm blanket and cool pillow. If you are able to beat that inner voice that clearly shows your self-Controlling power, but if you are not able to do so you really need to work hard. Waking up early gives you more time in your day and you already awake with a sense of achievement, you are ready to achieve anything. Here 10 health benefits that only early risers enjoy.
Here are the top 10 health benefits of waking up early:
1. Helps to sustain a healthier diet – Most of the time we missed our breakfast whenever we run short of time. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day that should never be skipped. Eating breakfast is like starting your engine. Missing breakfast can deteriorate your heath too. Eating breakfast is also a foundation for building healthy eating habits and makes you less likely to eat junk the rest of the day.
2. They are more proactive – Early risers enjoy huge benefits. Studies have shown that people who rise and shine tend to agree more with statements that indicate action and confidence. You think faster and are more focused on getting things done in the morning. Early risers will never show procrastination attitude in their behaviour.
Read More : 10 Reasons Why You Should Wake Up Early
3. Better mental health – Early risers are not only blessed with good physical health but even good mental health too. The first hour of your day and how you spend it often sets the tone for the rest of your day and your life. Waking up early reduces stress and creates a more positive attitude. Early rising fill up you with more positive attitude.
4. Increased productivity – This is the important advantage. There are less distractions in the early hours of the day so you can achieve more with minimal interruptions. Students can do their pending or learning work. After a good night’s sleep, your brain is charged and ready to work hard. You are at your most efficient and will get things done quicker and better. Apart from that, early risers are also better at making decisions, planning and setting goals.
5. Lot of time to exercise – If intense work out is done in the early morning it has huge benefits. Exercising first thing in the morning does not interfere with work or social plans throughout the day. Morning workouts are less likely to be cancelled when compared to night time workouts which are often rescheduled due to last minute plans. Workouts should be done in the early morning only.
6. Better sleep quality – If you will take early it will automatically enhance your sleeping quality. Waking up early promotes a normal sleep schedule. By going to bed early and waking up early you are setting your internal clock to a specific routine. You will never feel tired.
7. Accomplish more goals – Yes, that’s true you can achieve a lot of goals. Being an early riser allows you to plan out your day and set goals to get your tasks accomplished. Having a set plan to accomplish that day’s goals mind indicates you to do your best achieving it.
8. More time – Early risers always have lot of time to spend. Early risers are one step ahead of the crowd: calm, collected, and accomplished when everyone else is rushing to the office. Getting to your job early shows people you are dedicated and hardworking. Chances of promotion is higher too.
9. Self-Mastery – Waking up early consistently takes a lot discipline. You begin to take control of your life and have more control over the activities you engage in. Controlling yourself is an art. You learn time management skills, meaning less last minute work popping up throughout the day.
10. Peace and quiet – Best part of waking early in the morning. The peace that you can enjoy. There is physical quietness. You rise with the sun and are alone with no disturbances. Then there comes the mental level – the quietness, peace and clarity.
How to become an early riser?
So, till now you learnt what all you can achieve from waking up early. Now, here are some ways through which you can get up early in the morning to achieve the goals.
1. Try to go to bed early
Most important if you want to get up early then go to bed early. It does not take a genius to work out that if you don’t go to bed so late, you won’t need to sleep late either. The TV shows and social media can wait; stop wasting your time. You will be surprised by how great you feel once you get into an early sleep routine.
2. Must have a consistent sleep schedule
First of all, maintain schedule. Your body works according to routine. That’s why you get hungry at certain times–your body has been trained to expect it! Establishing a proper sleeping schedule is no different. Furthermore, having a routine will make it easier to get up early. The bad news is that you should start getting up at the same time every day, including weekends.
3. Never eat before bed
Never eat anything before going to bed. Eat it relax then sleep. Sleep is a time for your body to rest, repair and recharge. It is not a time for digestion. This is because it takes up far too much energy, which can make falling asleep more difficult. If you do manage to visit the land of nod, food digestion will rob you of the strength you are supposed to be regaining. Even if you do get a full eight hours of sleep, you will wake up feeling tired and drained.
4. Reduce caffeine intake
It could be dangerous too. This may be an obvious one, but it is definitely worth mentioning. Less caffeine means that you won’t still be riding its high at 11:30 p.m. Minimize the habit of taking coffee. It can be an addiction.
5. Never drink before going to bed
A cheeky little sip before bed may seem like a good idea, particularly if you have not yet cut out that afternoon coffee. Despite what people say, drinking alcohol before bed will not help you sleep well, even if it does make you pass out. Rather, it can ruin your health.