Is Bharat really become Swachh?
Well, Today nation is celebrating Mahatma Gandhi’s 148th birth anniversary. Gandhi ji is best remembered for his scarifices he had made to make India free nation. President Ram Nath Kovind, Vice President Venkaiah Naidu, Prime Minister Narendra Modi and other leaders paid floral tributes to him at his memorial in New Delhi.
Mahatma Gandhi’s biggest dream was clean and green India and PM Narendra Modi is the first PM who tried to convert this dream of Bapu into a reality. So today, PM Modi’s Swachh Bharat Abhiyaan completed three successful years. Apart from this, October 2 is also the birth anniversary of Lal Bahadur Shastri, the second prime minister of the country. He had given the famous slogan ‘Jai Jawan Jai Kisan’ (Hail the Soldier, Hail the Farmer).
10 most ‘dirtiest places’ in India where Swachh Bharat Abihyan needs to be applied:
1. Dhanbad in Jharkhand
2. Asansol in West Bengal
3. Itanagar in Arunachal Pradesh
4. Patna in Bihar
5. Meerut in Uttar Pradesh
6. Raipur in Chhattisgarh
7. Ghaziabad in Uttar Pradesh
8. Jamshedpur in Jharkhand
9. Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh
10. Kalyan Dombivilli in Maharashtra
Here are few steps that government should bring:
1. Dustbins should be kept at all public places like Bus stations, Railway stations, Gardens, Theatres etc.
2.Dustbins should be kept at proper distance on roads.
3. Proper waste containers should be kept in every area.
4. Rules should be made and action should be taken if someone violates the rule.
5. Daily cleaning of public places is necessary.
What’s your responsibility?
1. While traveling do not throw any wrapper, paper or any dry waste on road. Keep it in your bag or pocket (as it is a dry waste you can keep them in your bag/pocket).
2. Keep paper bags with yourself to store wet waste and throw them in dustbin only.
3. Avoid spitting on roads (as it can be the reason of viral disease).
4. Avoid chewing Pan-Masala, Gutka and Tobacco.
5. Big no to plastic bags.
Have a news story, an interesting write-up or simply a suggestion? Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org