Amitabh Bachchan turned 75 today and entire Bollywood is wishing legendary actor!
So finally, the most precious day has arrived. Bollywood’s Vijay aka Amitabh Bachchan has turned 75 today. Yes, the legendary actor of B-town was born on October 11, 1942. Big B is blessed with spectacular acting skills. Bollywood’s Shanshaah is best known for his films like Sholay and Zanjeer.
Even today also watching his films like Silsla, Deewar,Zanzeer make us fall for him. He is one of the grounded actors we can have in Bollywood. His bold voice is still recognized by everyone. He is one of the actors who has taught us that age is just a number you can work till you want to. Big B still works and that is commendable. His movie Pink was one of the best films on the feminism. Amitabh Bachchan has already received Padma Bhushan and Padma Shree for his films.
“No Birthday and Diwali Celebrations” says Amitabh Bachchan
The 74-year-old actor said he may be travelling and will also not celebrate Diwali this year. “Just for your information, no Diwali and birthday celebration this year,” Big B tweeted.
Well, legendary actor did not specify the reason clearly but according to reports, Bachchans will not celebrate anything because of the sad demise of Aishwaraya’s father.
Amitabh Bachchan and his controversial love affairs
Amitabh’s alleged love affair with Rekha has been talked about since a very long time now. It’s been more than three decades now. Apparently, a lot of people still believe that Amitabh meets Rekha secretly even now. While Rekha openly spoke about her fondness for Amitabh Bachchan in most of her interviews, he never mentioned her in any of his interviews. It is said that Amitabh and Rekha apparently kept their relationship a hush- hush affair until Rekha was heckled by an anonymous Bollywood actor.
As the two were secretive and publicly didn’t admit to have been dating each other, the duo often met at a bungalow that belonged to Rekha’s close friend. The entire industry and the viewers were taken aback as the rumour of Rekha and Amitabh’s wedding broke out! The gorgeous actress grabbed many eyeballs as she was seen wearing a sindoor and mangalsutra at Rishi and Neetu Kapoor’s wedding. Some of Amitabh’s famous movies with Rekha include Khoon Pasina, Suhaag and Silsila.
Amitabh’s passionate love affair with Rekha ended after Silsila which turned out to be their last film together.. Big B is blessed with a family now, and on the other hand, Rekha is living a life without a partner.
Unknown facts about Big B!
- The actor was accused of being a key conspirator of the ’84 Sikh riots. He was mainly accused to creating hatred towards the Sikh community.
- It is said that the actor had a major role to play in the Bofors scandal, which shook the nation in 1980s.
- Amitabh Bachchan was very good friends with Rajiv Gandhi and their friendship got him to run for seat in Congress.
- His original surname was Srivastava, until his father adopted the pen name Bachchan. His first ever salary was Rs. 500.
- Prior to the success of his hit film Zanjeer, Bachchan saab managed to deliver as many as 20 flops.
- Apparently, Amitabh is not very fond of the word ‘Bollywood,’ which is a commonly used term for the Hindi film industry.
- All the Bachchan fans must be well aware of the fact that he is a pure vegetarian.
- He loves visiting London and Switzerland.
- The Shehenshah of Bollywood’s favourite actress is Waheeda Rehman. Till date, the actor has maintained that no Bollywood actress is as beautiful as her.
- He owns 11 cars, Lexus being his favourite.
- His bunglow Jalsa was gifted to him.
Happy Birthday sir!