Tejas Express makes first trip today!
The Tejas Express, India’s newest train with all top class facilities will make its first trip today. The luxury train expected to complete its journey from Mumbai to Goa in less than nine hours, which makes it faster than the Janshatabdi. According to reports, the train was revealed to the public in Mumbai on Sunday.
The luxury train promises a flight- like travel at less than 1500 bucks a ride. Its first commercial ride would be flagged- off by Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu.
Here are 5 important things that you should know about the Tejas Express- Aeroplane on Tracks:
- The Tejas Express has German coaches with LED screens, coffee vending machines fitted inside it.
- All doors of the train would be centrally controlled. The train will have thirteen coaches including one executive with the capacity of 56 passengers.
- The fare of Tejas Express executive class is Rs.2680 with food and Rs2,525 without food.
- The train can run at the speed of 200 km per hour. It will run between Mumbai to Goa five days a week and in monsoon it will only for three days.
- Tejas Express will also be launched between Delhi and Chandigarh and between Surat and Mumbai.
According to reports, each coach has the cost 3.25 crore. The luxurious train is expected to take rail travel to a different level altogether. The train is equipped with Wi-Fi facilities so that you can enjoy your journey. Apart from it, CCTV, smoke detection facilities are also available in the train.
Have a news story, an interesting write-up or simply a suggestion? Write to us at