With all the latest amenities Tejas Express is all set to redefine rail travel
According to reports, Indian Railways is all set to launch Tejas Express between Mumbai and Goa this summer. The 20 -Coach Tejas Express is expected to redefine rail travel. The train will give you all the modern facilities including Wi- Fi, automatic doors, LCD screens, tea/ coffee vending machines and snack tables. The Tejas Express will also serve you cuisine cooked by celebrity chefs. Notably, the Tejas Express was announced in the Rail Budget of 2016- 17. Tejas will showcase the future of train travel in India, Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu has said.
Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu took to twitter and shared “Mumbai- Goa train journey will get as exciting as air travel from June.
Here are few things you need to know about Tejas Express
• Tejas Express will operate at the speed of 130 kmph. It was disclosed in the Rail Budget of 2016-17.
• The train would have all the facilities including Wi- Fi services, automatic gates and LCD screens.
• The Mumbai- Goa train would have 20 coaches compromising executive class and chair cars.
• It will have the catering services like Shatabadi Express and Rajdhani Express
• Onboard facilities will include tea and coffee vending machines, magazines and snack table. LCD screens inside the train will be used for entertainment purpose as well as it will be also used for educating and guiding purpose.
• There will also be water level indicators and bio –vacuum toilets, sensorised taps and hand driers.
• The train’s interior colour scheme will match the exterior to the passengers a feel of world class travel.
• Last but not the least, after getting functional in Mumbai and Goa Tejas express will make its way to Delhi and Chandigarh.
Have a news story, an interesting write-up or simply a suggestion? Write to us at